Fernie and the surrounding areas, including the Elk Valley and South Country, provide ample opportunity for boating on rivers and lakes. Fernie’s Elk River does not permit motorized boats however the canoeing, SUPing and kayaking are excellent. For you larger boating enthusiasts Lake Koocanusa, about 30 minutes away, is a great spot for motorized and sailing water activities. Regardless of your boating preference, this area has something for everyone.
- Woman dies snowboarding in Fernie
- Snowfall warning for Fernie
- Fernie named #2 Ski town in World
- Fernie Declares a State of Local Emergency
- Another Giant Ammonite!
- Liam Neeson in Fernie
- Winter storm warning for Fernie
- Fernie Cougar Encounters
- Tough Rental Market in Fernie
- Fernie’s Hummingbird Micro Homes