Elk Valley Transit System
From Elkford to Fernie on weekdays, BC Transit connects communities. They also offer a Health Connections route from Elkford to Cranbrook for non-emergency medical appointments. Although medical appointments have priority, everyone is eligible to use this service if space is available.
Fernie Ski Shuttle
The shuttle will run on the hour every day from morning till later in the evening. Stops include downtown and many hotel locations in town, along highway to resort and at resort.
COVID Shuttle Protocols:
– Riders must be fully vaccinated
– Masks or minimum 2-layer face coverings are mandatory for all passengers.
– Increased bus cleaning.
– Stay home if you are sick.
– Clean your hands frequently. Please carry your own hand sanitizer if possible.
– Keep any backpacks/bags on your lap (Note: There are no areas at the Fernie Alpine Resort to store bags this season, if you bring one expect to ski with it)
– All skis & snowboards are to be carried in racks on the outside of shuttle.
NOTE: From December 23rd till soon after the holidays the shuttle will be FREE to ride.
– $4 cash only each way (exact change)
Kids 5 & under ride free with paying adult/caregiver
$35 for a 10 Ride Booklet (buy at Fernie Alpine Resort Guest Services)
$299 for a Shuttle Season Pass (buy at Fernie Alpine Resort Guest Services)
Individual bus fare is paid in cash on the bus with exact change only, no change is provided, or with a voucher from a 10 Ride Shuttle Booklet. Seats are first-come-first-served, no pre-booking of seats available.
Details and schedule subject to change without notice.
Download the schedule here: FERNIESKIShuttleSCHEDULE2021-22Updated