Elk Valley Transit System
From Elkford to Fernie on weekdays, BC Transit connects communities. They also offer a Health Connections route from Elkford to Cranbrook for non-emergency medical appointments. Although medical appointments have priority, everyone is eligible to use this service if space is available.
Fernie Ski Shuttle
Starting January 18th the shuttle schedule will be reduced to 5 loops during the daytime due to low ridership as result of the on-going COVID travel restrictions.
COVID Shuttle Protocols:
– Masks or minimum 2-layer face coverings are mandatory for all passengers.
– Reduced capacity to allow spacing of single riders and household units.
– Increased bus cleaning.
– Stay home if you are sick.
– Clean your hands frequently. Please carry your own hand sanitizer if possible.
– Keep any backpacks/bags on your lap (Note: There are no areas at the Fernie Alpine Resort to store bags this season, if you bring one expect to ski with it)
– All skis & snowboards are to be carried in racks on outside of shuttle
– $5 cash only each way (exact change)
– Kids 5 & under ride free with paying adult/caregiver
– $35 for a 10 Ride Booklet (buy at Fernie Alpine Resort Guest Services)
– $299 for a Shuttle Season Pass (buy at Fernie Alpine Resort Guest Services)
Individual bus fare is paid in cash on the bus with exact change only, no change is provided, or with a voucher from a 10 Ride Shuttle Booklet. Seats are first-come-first-served, no pre-booking of seats available. Details and schedule subject to change without notice.
Park & Ride Location
A new Park & Ride day time shuttle stop at the Fernie Memorial Arena has been added for this winter season. Passengers can park their vehicles at the arena parking, and catch the shuttle at the shuttle stop on 6th Ave & 11th Street.
Download the schedule here: FernieStokeSkiSHUTTLEUPDATEDScheduleJANUARY18_2021