Interior Health is reporting eight new Covid-19 case in the Fernie Health Area from April 3rd to 10th. Well done Fernie!
With the variant spike in cases all around us, it is important to remember that we are still in the thick of this pandemic. It is reassuring to see more and more people in the Elk Valley getting their vaccines, but we must continue holding the line for a while longer.
As of the latest figures given on April 14:
• Total number of confirmed cases: 114,870 (9,821 active cases)
• New cases since April 13: 1,168
• Hospitalized cases: 397
• Intensive care: 120
• Total vaccinations: 1,190,823 doses administered (87,820 second doses)
• Cases under public health monitoring: 16,304
Vaccine Booking Schedule:
Elk Valley vaccine clinics have been open since March 15 and on Monday, April 12th the Fernie Memorial Arena opened as a larger vaccination site. Vaccinations have ramped up with the larger centre being open.
Booking a COVID-19 test:
Online: You can book an appointment online through the COVID-19 Test Booking Form. By phone: Call the COVID-19 Test Booking Line at 1-877-740-7747 for assistance with booking your test.
Seek a test if you have two or more of the following symptoms for more than 24 hours, and they are not related to any other pre-existing conditions:
– Sore throat
– Loss of appetite
– Extreme fatigue or tiredness
– Body aches (muscles and joints aching)
– Nausea or vomiting
People in all communities should remain vigilant in following COVID-19 precautions:
• Keep to your household bubbles and avoid social gatherings.
• Stay home when you are sick and get tested if you have any symptoms consistent with COVID19.
• Practise physical distancing
• Wear a mask
• Wash your hands often
• Avoid all non-essential travel
Current Provincial Health Officer Orders regarding social gatherings remain in place. Learn more about these orders here.
None of us have experienced a pandemic before. This is incredibly difficult for many. Continue to support each other, follow the guidelines and stay safe. Go outside, look at our beautiful surroundings today and send a kind message to someone you love.