dogs roaming the annex SECOND TIME!!!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      cs86
      Participant

There were two dogs roaming around the annex tonight around 8pm. Both were large-breed dogs. One looked like an akita or something, it was tan colored with a black head. The other was all light-colored. Both were wearing collars but I didnt get close enough to see any tags. They came and took a crap in my yard (which by the way, you can come clean up at anytime) and then proceeded to scratch and growl at my neighbor’s fence to try to get at their small dogs. If these are your dogs, KEEP THEM TIED UP. There is a leash law in Fernie, in case you didn’t know. I am quite intimidated when your dogs are trying to get through a fence to get at someone else’s dogs. Makes me not want to walk mine and all because you are too careless to keep control of your dogs.

steve19
      Participant

Brilliant cs86 you have stumbled on to a great idea. Let’s all start posting pictures if unleashed dogs and their ignorant owners, perhaps when these "me and my dog are too smart for a bylaw" a-holes will get the picture! (no pun intended)

gavitron
      Participant

im in.

cs86
      Participant

Just wish I could have gotten a better picture but they didn’t seem too friendly and I wasn’t getting any closer! Maybe the bylaw officer will stumble onto this website.

mikes
      Participant

I remember the summer of ’98 Fernie got this crazy bylaw officer, she’d go up town and if she even saw you dog tied up outside a store unattended, she’d untie it and haul it off to he pound. It was a crack down on loose and unattended dogs. Now, the laws only as good as it’s it forced, which is zilch. Bylaw officer is a thankless job though.

idoasiwant
      Participant

Ya my dogs.Go by your place every day with them on leads. How attentive of you! Opppps they got lose. Shit happens. (no pun intended) So you and the little sewing group can all FUCK OFF.
      My dogs live a better life than you.
      Have plenty of Shitter bags also , drop by for one, yes I also usually pick up their crap but you see the conundrum I’m in.The house with the Akitas.

henry
      Participant

don’t move to west fernie if you don’t like random dogs roaming

steve19
      Participant

"my dogs live a Better life than you"

is that why they can’t wait to escape?

gumbootgal
      Participant

This is better than daytime TV! :P

scotsman
      Participant

I have got to agree with idoasiwant on this one. people also have to keep in mind, dogs are animals if they can find a way to get out they will. I would also have to say some people have way to much time on there hands to be bitching about dogs in town, look at everything else thats going on and ask yourself is this really a big problem ??????. It would have been better if the dogs bit ur balls off then at least you have something to moan about.

admin
      Keymaster

Canine dominance aggression towards children by roaming and stray dogs is an issue .

Each year several children are bitten in Fernie and receive stitching, some will have facial scars for life.

This dominance aggression behavior happens most often with children under 18 as they are an easy target.

Scotsman, is this worth moaning about?

idoasiwant, are you condescending towards mothers who sew?

Roaming and stray dogs are a serious issue with dire consequences.

CS86’s desire to have owners controlling their dogs is socially responsible even though his tactics may be annoying.

Overall some of your opinions do raise concerns.

scotsman
      Participant

I dont think we are talking about stray dogs here, this thread is in regards to a couple of dogs that broke loose the other night in the Annex. I agree with you snowvalley about stray dogs and what they can do to children, but this has not happened here has it ? We have to learn to tollarate each other as well as our pets everybody is far to quick to jump on their high horse on this forum. As the dogs owner says, they got loose. This is all i needed to hear as, by the sounds of it these dogs are always on a leash and this was a one off. Which happens !

cs86
      Participant

Firstly, your two dogs were the proverbial straw, as I am fed up with all the dogs roaming around, never on leashes, owners not cleaning up after them, and doing whatever they please. I own dogs and they have never gotten away from my yard as they know not the leave the yard unless they are with me. Maybe yours are due for some obedience training. Secondly, these dogs were acting aggressive towards my neighbors dogs who were behind a fence. Your dogs were digging at the fence, pacing up and down the fence line, and growling/barking trying to get at his small dogs. This, in my opinion, was an aggressive act and should NOT be tolerated. What would your dogs have done to the dogs if they had not been protected behind the fence? Or what if there was a small child around? If your dogs had simply shit in my yard I would have been pissed but wouldn’t have done much about it, but after seeing how they acted toward the other dogs behind the fence, it didn’t give me a good impression of your dogs and maybe now that everyone knows this, you will have the brains to outsmart your dogs and manage to keep them tied up.

quinner
      Participant

"My dogs live a better life than you." Obviosuly anger over powered intelligence on that post, because that sounds like something a 9 year old would say. That said, they look like great dogs and I can understand both sides.

cs86
      Participant

So about 2 minutes ago, the SAME dogs are out ROAMING the streets of the annex, and just got into a fight with my neighbor’s dog who was in his own yard. So, are the dogs outsmarting you again and managed to get out of the yard? Seriously, I think I’ll be making a call to the bylaw officer.

steve19
      Participant

Invest in some chocolate exlax and give those dogs a treat to take home with them:)

scotsman
      Participant

YOUR FULL OF SHIT CS86 !!!!!!!! The dogs where in the house all last night, check your eye site you dippy old bag and maybe clean up your house you mink !!!!!

cs86
      Participant

really, you’re telling me that me, my roomate, and the neighbor whose dogs yours were harassing all need to check our eyesight?? give me a fricken break. put a leash on your aggressive mutts, and yourself too while you’re at it.

cs86
      Participant

oh and how come you have 2 different user names and are posting under both, with differing opinions????

steve19
      Participant

No such thing as bad dogs. Just bad owners. Like idiotasiwant or Scotsman or whatever their name is. Is it any wonder the dogs can’t wait to get loose?

cs86
      Participant

yeah no kidding…

anthony
      Participant

I have two big dogs. They get out on occassion (both are still pretty much puppies and like to escape out the front door if you are not paying attention. After all if you are going out the door it must be time for a walk.) Everytime they do I worry about somebody’s dog, cat, or god forbid child getting hurt. I admittedly am not a part of the training process. My wife however spends countless hours with them training them. Puppy class, dog manners class, dog social class etc etc. At the end of the day though they are great big dogs just like the two Akitas (which ran past my back yard that same night and got my dogs all worked up) and require more responsibilty then a small breed.

Ok my point. Discounting the fact that somebodies child could get bit or killed by stating it never happened so it isn’t a big deal, that attitude is horrible. Is the fact they figure out a way to get out really going to make you feel better if your dogs hurt or mame somebodies baby girl or boy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? There are countless incidences of people who never thought their dog would ever do something so horrible, and surprise! They did.

I would never recover from that guilt, never. There is no argument for it regardless of the fact nothing happened. If you are the owner of large breed dogs or aggressive breed dogs that can hurt or kill another you have to take responsibility for managing them. When my dogs get out I am in the wrong. You are as well.

Viewing 21 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register