young_local
Participant

The worst part about this is that both sides are in the wrong. Give it a rest people… I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get how you can bash ?¢‚Ǩ?ìlocal hicks?¢‚Ǩ¬ù and then turn around and bash anyone visiting. Grow up. What do you consider yourself as then Todd?
How about this one.
Interview with a local…me

TALKIN’ PROUD – Leslie Woit of Ski Canada chatted with some passionate locals …

What do you love about Fernie?
I love that I can ride (a snowboard as well as a sled) and play hockey with guys from all over the world in the winter. Then as soon as winter ends I can bring out the bike, golf clubs, and drift boat… You can never be bored in Fernie.

What don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t you love?
The people who complain. I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t care if you are a local ?¢‚Ǩ?ìhick?¢‚Ǩ¬ù, a Calgarian, or someone in between that somehow thinks they are better than both of those. If you are in Fernie for the same reasons as me, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s because you love it here and can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get enough of the lifestyle. If you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re in Fernie because you grew up here and have never left, great, I can respect anyone working at the mines, or logging, etc… if it wasn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t for the mine, none of us would be here. If you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re an Aussie, Kiwi, Brit, or from Calgary, glad you came to see all that Fernie has to offer. Tell all your friends, there?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s plenty room for more.

Why aren?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t you somewhere else?
Spend a few weeks here and then try to ask yourself the same question. I have left, and I do leave, but Fernie is my home.

What can a one-week visitor appreciate here as much as a local like you?
Everything. Start out your day with a big banger, then head to the rink and play shinny with the old guys. Once that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s done rip up to the hill for some ?¢‚Ǩ?ìlegendary?¢‚Ǩ¬ù powder. Hit the Griz bar for an apr?ɬ®s drink, then get down to yamagoya and stand in line for some unreal sushi. Once you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re full, head up to one of the bars for some live music and more drinks. Day two- repeat. Maybe throw in a ghostrider hockey game to top off the night. Day three- if you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re tired from skiing, why not go ice fishing? Great fishing around here… Day 4: ski day. Day 5: If you can, go Catskiing with one of the two companies… Day 6- dogsledding anyone? Try it- you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll love it. Day 7- pack up, but then decide you want to do it all over again and stay for a while longer…

Give us a secret. C?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢mon, you know you want to!
The only reason I said there?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s plenty of room for more is because of the secrets.

What sets the skiing here apart from all the others?
15cm weekday mornings. Fresh, no lines, everyone having a blast.

What are you looking forward to most this winter?
Griz days is going to be a blast as always.
Do you owe anybody money?
I bet on Ferrer upsetting Murray, so I guess I owe my buddy a jug now.