Park Place Lodge

Share House Introductions!!! Meet your Perfect Match!!!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      sam lucas
      Participant

In the interests of getting us all [color=blue:3a5icwz8]riding the Powpow sooner[/color:3a5icwz8] (and who don’t want that!!), I propose that this thread be used by all to try and hook up with people, to get your accomodation sorted!

I’ve noticed that most of the long term rentals available are for multiple bedroom houses, which is great for the cost/room, but sucks if you don’t know anyone!

So, [color=blue:3a5icwz8]if you are in need of a roommate(s)[/color:3a5icwz8], or Just want to hedge your bets, then why not [color=red:3a5icwz8]stick yourself on this list[/color:3a5icwz8], and see if you can’t find someone you might share a house with!!

I suppose all replies should be on the forum, so that if it don’t work out, at least everyone else can see your bio! PM’s and all that jazz can come later! And I would probable recommend that if you are going to lease a house together (which is kind of the point of this thread!!), that you keep the financial side seperate, until you actually meet, and deal only with the company/person you are leasing from!! I’d hate to see anyone ripped off!!! :shock:

Good luck all!!

And de fun don’t dun! 8) :!: :!:

sam lucas
      Participant

So… I suppose I had better start this ball rolling!!

My Girlfriend, Bonnie, and I will be heading out from Toronto, sometime between Mid November and January, depending on Jobs/Housing! And staying until around June/July.

We are both 26, Bon is Canadian, I am an Aussie. We are pretty relaxed, tidy (well, Bonnie is….!), funluvin ppl, and we’re keen to ride as much as is humanly possible! We’ve spent the last 2 years travelling the world, and haven’t found anyone we don’t get along with (except those Dutch tools we met in Nepal, but that’s another story!! :wink: ), so would be eager to hook up with anyone!

We are not too fussy about what we need, Probably no pets. I am a smoker, but not indoors (Passive smoking… blah, blah!!)!! And are just looking for a few peeps to share a winter of mad riding action!

Look forward to hearing from y’all soon.

Sam and Bon.

timw
      Participant

Evening all

I’m trying to find a room for my younger brother (he’s 19) and wants to do a season out there. He’s easy going and is keen to learn to board. So any house shares up for grabs put me down for one.

Ta

Tim

leigh
      Participant

hey man,

myself and a mate are coming over from Australia on the 26th of Nov. We are currently looking for a place to live together. We are both 20 years of age. have been working in ski resorts in Australia for past 2 years. We haven’t got a job at fernie, but thats our plan. I dont know theres heaps more to say but ill see what you have to say first. cheers

Leigh

kylie
      Participant

Hi there,

We’re looking for a room to rent in a share house in Fernie for the season, we’re both aussies, 24 and 25 years old, have been living and working in the UK for the last year and a half, and just finished a 3 month trip round Europe in a campervan for the past 3 months. Were staying with friends at Whistler right now, but should be heading to Fernie in the next few days to get sorted for jobs and accomodation for the season!!!

We’re both relaxed, easy going and relatively tidy!!

Let us know if you have a room available……..kyliemitten@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Kylie and Marcus

adam_m
      Participant

Hey, me and a friend are looking to come down in late feb. early march and stay for a month. If anyone has a room for rent at a decent price, PLEASE contact me. I have been searching far and wide for the cheapest way to stay, and be near the hill… I desperately need to find somewhere to stay.

We will both be 19 by the new year, live in Kingston, ONT.
      We like to snowboard and have a bit of fun come the evening.

Please, help us out!

pulse
      Participant

Hey all,

I’m heading out to fernie from Toronto and am looking for a place to stay. I’m looking to head out there late december/early january, and stay until april. I’m 23 and looking to ski as much as humanly possible. If your looking for a roommate, give me a shout at pulse@clarkhall.ca

Cheers,

Aaron

winnie
      Participant

:idea:

Sup guys, I’m James and I currently live in Calgary. But I’m going to go out to fernie for the winter. I am also looking for some roommates for the season, I’m going out there to ride as much as possible as well. I’m pretty easy going when it comes to a place to stay so if anyone wantes to organise a whole house to rent drop me a line, because I’m planning to drive out there in a week or two to check places out. And it way cheaper to have like five ppl looking rather than 5 individuals, I don’t mind doing the organising.

winfieldjames2@yahoo.ca (checked daily)

winnie
      Participant

i have great news I have found 11 places that are still available, they range from 3-5 bedrooms and range from 1100-2500 +2195 for a posh executive one with a hot tub, but I included that just for fun. drop me a line if anyones interested

winfieldjames2@yahoo.ca

mattias
      Participant

Ciao!

I’m a Swedish MD, telemark skier, non-smoker, will party occasionally but firmly believe in doing so quietly if somebody wants to sleep or if the neighbours are easily disturbed. I’m in Fernie jan 9th – April 8th, strictly for the skiing.
      Sharing a house would be cool! Drop me a line if you have something in the pipeline. I just started looking…
      Mattias
      (unander@mac.com)

joff
      Participant

[color=red:g63e4892]Hi,
      I am a 23 year old Kiwi, trying to get to Fernie in time for resort employment [size=150:g63e4892](23rd ish Oct).[/size:g63e4892][/color:g63e4892]
      [color=green:g63e4892]Will need accommodation with fun and considerate friends :D until March/April.

Let me know if you have a spare room.
      Good luck everyone.

Joff[/color:g63e4892]

clint
      Participant

Hey I’m 28 and from NZ. Been travelling around the world the last 5 years and the name Fernie came up abit so I’m hoping to spend the season there. If anyone knows of cheap rooms or just big houses full of people who like to have a good time give us a buzz. I’m laid back and easy to get on with.
      Clint

captain clawfoot
      Participant

Hi

I’m a 27 year old scottish guy who will be looking for a room in Fernie from about the 11th January 2005. I’m friendly and tidy and up for a party or just chilling. Spent last season there and am a firm believer in getting first tracks. Oh, and i’ll have wheels!!

Cheers

aniko
      Participant

Well I`m coming out for the winter to be a ski instructor. I`m an X ski racer and skiing is my number 1 passion. I`m easy going and looking for similar roommates…..I`m not clean and not dirty; just inbetween… The one thing I don`t like is smokers in the same apartment, but I like to party. I`ve just finished university and taking the winter off, therefore I don`t have that much money to spend on an aprtment, if we can do $400 each per month with utilities that would be ideal.

Oh yeah, I forgot I`m a 24 year old female, I love to travel, party and I`m an all around athlete.

hope to meet some of you! if you are interested e-mail at x55fp@unb.ca and we can go from there..

I`ll be going to central america in a couple of weeks and coming out west on december 2nd

bye for now.. aniko

chillednessie
      Participant

Hey,
      I am a 27 year old kiwi chic, coming to Fernie end of Nov and looking for a flat/flatmates for the ski season. I have been travelling for the past 6 yrs and have lived in plenty of flats. I am easy going and keen to spend the season learning to snow board. I am a tidy, friendly, happy go lucky person and would be interested in living with likeminded people.
      So email me if you have the same thing in mind vanessabrowne@hotmail.com
      Subject: Fernie
      Thanks
      Vanessa

bstevens
      Participant

Hiya

I’m a 25 yo well-travelled South African guy, currently in England, looking for a place or for people to share with for the upcoming season.

I’m very relaxed, clean and tidy and very easy to live and get on with. Looking for fun like-minded people to share a place with. I can pay upfront for anywhere required, and have impeccable references for all would-be landlords.

Drop me a line at brucito @ gmail.com (without the spaces before and after the @ sign of course). I can send a photo of myself if needs be.

I’ll be in Fernie November, but can pay sooner if required.

Thanks,
      Bruce

tomo
      Participant

Hey
      I’m a 20 year old kiwi guy coming to Fernie for 3months from late Nov 04 -Late Feb 05 with 2 other kiwi mates (same age). We are all easy going and enjoy parties and just chillin and are keen to ski as much as possible. If anyone is keen to flat with us or is looking for more flat mates post a reply or drop an email to tomoverton540@hotmail.com
      We’ve just started looking for a place but keen to sort it out before we get there.
      Looking forward to hearing from people!

kelbrisson
      Participant

Howdy Folks! :oops:

Me and my boyfriend will be moving to Fernie early Nvember and are looking for a room. We have a dog and he smokes…(only the good stuff)…so a smoking house would probably be a good choice for us. We’re both from Ottawa and he lived in Fernie last winter. Both easy to get along with and not untidy or loud.
      Drop me a line at kelybrisson@hotmail.com, if you have or know of anyone who HAS something. ANYTHING! Thanks for yer time!

Kely. :roll:

katie
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I’ll be working in the ski school this winter and i am looking for a place for dec 1. I’m clean but not super tidy, i love dogs but dont have one, i’m very laid back, i love to ski and cook and party and read, and i’m looking forward to a wicked season! if anyone wants to join forces and start looking for a place with me let me know, and if anyone already has a place and has room for little me that would also be great!

kate

rna
      Participant

We are an Aussie couple (25yo) looking for a room or house to rent and or share for the season and possibly beyond. We are already in Fernie. We are reliable and easy going. If you hear or know of anything going – we are interested.

We can be reached at rnallen3479@yahoo.com.au or 250 531 0179.

Thanks,

Ryan and Danielle

Viewing 19 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register