Park Place Lodge

Pubs / Bars Fernie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pkryder
      Participant

Hi there I was fortunate this year to spend a fortnight Snowboarding in Fernie and loved the place, so much so that I have forgotten the names of the bars in which I got drunk.
      I am hoping that some kind Fernie resident(s) may be able to help me out.

First up is a place I believe is on 2nd Ave, I remember being most confused at not being able to get in the front door before discovering some sort of archway and an entrance inside on the right hand side. The pub was long and narrow, the frontage was all glass and the bar ran along the left hand wall. On a weekend there were very casual door staff in jeans, Tshirt and baseball caps much more laid back than the Gorillas in suits we have in the UK. I think there was a DJ and dance area right at the back.

Second was a place near the railway line on 1st Ave, it was on a corner and I think between the the Art Station and Overwaitea it looked like a new bar or liquor store was being done up next door. Inside the bar was on the back wall and there was a stage on the left. The toilets were down some stairs and their were tall round tables by the windows.

There was a bar on a corner I think of 1st Ave it seemed to incorporate some sort of Wild West Saloon on the outside

Finally there was a bar I think this had an entrance on a corner of 2nd Ave with a second entrance around the corner which you went down some steps outside to get to and it had a pool room.

I hope some of you guys can help it would be very much appreciated. Also if anyone has any pictures of the outside or inside of these places that would be great.

One final question what is the deal with that A&W Root Beer do people actually like it? Maybe it’s just an acquired taste :)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

boardstorm
      Participant

Hey Dude,
      First one you decribed goes by 2 names: either ‘The Northern’ or ‘Bulldogs’
      Second one is ‘The Fernie’
      Third one is ‘The Royal’
      Fourth one is ‘The Underground’

Cheers

gumbootgal
      Participant

Bulldogs Bar and Grill (or the old Northern)
      The Fernie
      The Royal? that’s on 1st or maybe it was The Grand Central but that’s on 2nd (it was called A bar Named Sue for a while)
      The Brickhouse underground
      I do not know what the deal is with A&W rootbeer. It’s okay but not something I would make a special trip for :lol:
      Rootbeer popsicles on the other hand- yummy
      Try this for pics: http://www.ourfernie.com/directory/entertainment

Viewing 2 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register