Nightlife in fernie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      sarefeet
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I have read that fernie has some amaizing wildlife and scenery for us tourists!. I was just wondering what the nightlife was like, as myself and 7 friends are coming over in Jan 14th from Scotland. I look forward to sampling the Fernie Way of life and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

canatedian
      Participant

How old are yous, there are many pubs, bars, lounges, dens, nooks, crannies, huts, shelters…….. Establishments where you can have a good time. Quick fact – More fun happens in town according to local fun level stats from the fun level department.

“The reason we’re so dangerous is because we’re totally harmless.”

Cheech Marin

sarefeet
      Participant

age between 28 and 32. Just needing something to replenish the fluid levels when were finnished skiing. Where do you recomend?

thanks, and by the way, as im from scotland that would be why the time changed when you replied!!

Look forward to paying the local fun factory a visit!!

canatedian
      Participant

There are many restaraunts and bars in Fernie.
      But lets not create a hectic travel route for you. Lets start where you’ll be getting together at the base of the hill.
      Of seven friends, how thirsty are we?
      Do we want wine? beer? Gin? Scotch?
      I can personally recommend Lizard Creek Lodge if you are not too concerned with budget.

Do yous like Sushi?

I would hope Gabriellas is open. (On the hill. No complaints) if your up for Italian.

Kelseys is right on the hill (More of a Western Cuisine). There is also a restaraunt called Woodys up there.

sarefeet
      Participant

I would expect us to have one hell of a thirst when we come of the mountain, as we normaly do!

Beers are usually first on the agenda, then start thinking about food.
      Not to keen on sushi, as im alergic to fish :? We love italian food, so much so we skied there last year.

I think we are staying outside downtown fernie, at the super 8 hotel/motel, if this helps.

Are there any places that have live music? (dosent matter what type)

Thanks for the advice so far, If everyone is as helpfull as yourself in fernie, we are in for a great holiday!!

huckin eh
      Participant

Live Music happens downtown with and without regularity.
      Locals usually fill the Royal on thursday night for Jam night. There are also jams at the Central on Teusday, and at Eschwigs on Saturday (unless they have a feature band playing). The Fernie sometimes has a feature band playing as do the Pub at the park place lodge, The Royal, and The Central. It might be hard to find out what features are playing in town until you actually get here and see posters on windows of the Liquor store beside Overwaitea foods grocery store, and also posted in the bars themselves.
      The super 8 is between town and the ski hill. Its closer to downtown and is about a 10-15 minute walk.

According to the FAR website in the events list there are often bands playing on the weekend at the Griz bar on the hill.

flyingecko
      Participant

Just a correction, The Thursday Jam night is at the Pub

canatedian
      Participant

Smitty’s is right next to the Super Eight and the atmoshere is great for a group the size of yours.
      I would gather at the base of the mountain. Have a beer or two at Gabriellas (Tell Gabbriella Nate sent ya).
      Then come into town.
      I’m sure there will not be a shortage of live music in town, or on the hill. The Mountain Pantry store on the hill (directly below Gabriellas) should have postings as for local entertainment.
      I’m sure us members will keep you posted on anything you might not want to miss.
      PS. No trip to Fernie is complete without a couple hundred dollar binge at the chocolate factory on Second ave when you get time.
      If anyone has a cold or sinus troubles, skip the Buckleys. Go to Jamochas on 7thave and 8th street and ask for some Mulagatawny. If anyone has found a delicous cure for the common cold it is these guys.

The Snow is currently falling lightly. Hope everyone has a safe and prosperous New Year.

(PS. Shuttle services run from the hill to town on a regular basis, but local cabs also can accomidate for groups the size of yours.) I wouln’t want anyone to think that I have just given people advice to drink and drive Yknow.

“If I lived in my Van, I’d be home by Now.” — Latest bumpersticker that made me chuckle.

huckin eh
      Participant

I guess you work at the Pub don’t you Flyingecko? :wink:
      The thursday jam at the Royal has been a fixture for the whole year that I have lived in Fernie. Are you trying to say that something has changed over the last 2 weeks that I haven’t been in town or are you just promoting the Pub? ( not that theres anything wrong with that. )
      There are more than enough people in town over the winter to make both places rock!

huckin eh
      Participant

Oh,
      And Canatedian!
      Are you saying that there is nightlife to speak of at Smitty’s that I don’t know about?
      I thought that place was like every other Smitty’s in the country. ( just another restaurant to get pancakes and all day breakfast!)

sarefeet
      Participant

:wink: Thanks for the info guys, all suggestions are welcomed. Good to hear the super8 isnt to far outa town, we were getting worried we would be to far away to join in the Apri-Ski.

Happy New Year to you all.

flyingecko
      Participant

LOL!

I don’t work at the pub.. I may have in a past life.. :roll:

I know a few people who play on Jam night there and I’m kinda anti-royal for my own personal reasons that we need not get into. So haven’t a clue what their deal is :lol:

And Smitty’s.. Hmm totally pancakes not much good for anything but breaky. But hey, good for the morning after cure :wink:

Viewing 11 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register