Market Downtown

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      valleygirl
      Participant

I enjoy markets, and think Fernie has a great one. I have been to many markets in various towns, and found that the majority are located in the downtown sectors.

I was wondering what everyone thought about moving the market to 2nd or 1st ave once a month, getting the support of the businesses that line the streets (ie. get them to open and perhaps to set up stations on the street), and the support of local musicians to play on the deck at the art station. I think it would be great for the businesses and help to create more of an atmosphere on Sundays in downtown Fernie.

Your feedback is appreciated! Enjoy the sunshine.

marcingy
      Participant

When does the market start in Fernie. And where is it currently held?

valleygirl
      Participant

The Market starts July long weekend and goes until Labor Day long weekend. It is currently held at Rotary Park which is located along the highway.

seasonsgreetings
      Participant

I agree, downtown markets have great atmosphere. I’d love to see the market move downtown. I like the park setting but it just isn’t working. As far as I was aware several attempts were made to move it already but local store owners didn’t want it. Don’t know it that’s true or not, but could be an issue. I’m sure it would make Sundays busier downtown. One suggestion I heard was to move it alone one block each week – ie, start in front of Overwaitea then the following week use the Ghostrider block, then all the way down until you end up at the Central. Good luck with whatever you end up doing, I’d like to see the market suceed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register