Park Place Lodge

ICE FISHING

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      taras-bulba
      Participant

Hubby & I are new to Fernie. Is there anywhere around here to go ice fishing? Some Kokanee would be real nice! :D

zippy
      Participant

it’s best if you can get a sled and troll.

mtnrat
      Participant

zippy wrote :
      > it’s best if you can get a sled and troll.
      :lol: :lol: :lol:
      Check the fishing shops.

gumbootgal
      Participant

my family are locals and we some of the lakes we hit are Manisty ( Suzanne Lake), Englishman, Baynes, Northstar, Edwards- all in the south country. We do go to the Kooc but always just go in the open water near the mouth of the Kikoman. I am freaked to walk on there as the lake will freeze but the water will still drop so it’s like "Hollow ice". Nothing has ever happened but….I am sure there will be many posts saying what others think about my answer… :wink:

taras-bulba
      Participant

Thanks gumbootgal for the info. Are any of these lakes accessible by car (van)?

……..Zippy, by sleds, I guess you mean snowmobiles?? (We’re from down under!) Don’t have any of them. We’re just the old fashioned kind of fishing lovers :arrow: drill a hole & pop a line down!

young_local
      Participant

For some good local info, go down to FWA and talk to Kim or Brian. The shop is located in the lobby of the park place lodge (right off the highway). http://www.fernieadventures.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register