Hello Fernie!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      snoboardr
      Participant

Well, hello everyone in Fernie and everyone who loves Fernie.

It’s sure taken me a long time to get around to joining this forum having loved Fernie for more than a decade and moved here long long long ago. Thanks big time to Mike and Steve for introducing me to this fantastic forum.

I love Fernie out of winter season when it’s back to just the locals and the people who love the place rather than bitch about the winter dramas with RCR. So all hail the Fernie local crew!

What do *you* love about Fernie?

admin
      Keymaster

I love the changing seasons. From Winter into Spring with new smells, colours and activities, and Summer with the warmth and sparkling streams, and Autumn when the colours begin to change to the yellows leaves with golden Larch needle beds and then full circle to Winter with a wonderful white cover to play in!

I love the local people who look me in the face with a warm smile and greet me where ever I venture, the understanding and care they have for my family, and the fun we share in our little town.

May family values and community thrive in Fernie.

mikes
      Participant

My fav thing about Fernie is the fact that there is always something to look forward to (ie.change)

starts with turkey hunting, changing to bull trout fishing,changing to cutting elk hunting trails, changing to biking, changing to cuttthroat fishing, changing to blueberry picking, changing to lake fishing, changing to elk hunting, changing to Muley hunting, changing to whitetail hunting, changing to skiing , changing to ice fishing, changing to grayling fishing, changing to relaxing, lather, rinse, repeat.

fernielocal101
      Participant

Wonderfully said Mikes!!!

My favourite is the feeling of pride I get when I tell people I was born and raised in Fernie, and now my children are too!!!

young_local
      Participant

FernieLocal101 wrote :
      > Wonderfully said Mikes!!!
      >
      > My favourite is the feeling of pride I get when I tell people I was born
      > and raised in Fernie, and now my children are too!!!

Nice.

I like the fact that I can snowmobile, snowboard, golf, and fish, all in the same day if I wanted. And then head out to the lake for a boat ride. (Only happens once every couple of years.. but it’s pretty cool when it works out)

Viewing 4 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register