Gas prices

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      re
      Participant

Well with all the crazy gas prices , its time we take a stand …. i think every one in Fernie sould all use one Gas station , then the other stations will lower there price and we can start our own gas price war?????

mikeonabike
      Participant

Every gas station in town is locally owned/operated by hardworking people. They do not set the price of gas. The greedy ones in the corporate head offices with big bank accounts do. Choosing only one station over the others will only hurt the local economy. If you want to save money try bicycling around town. I can get from my house in the airport to the other side of town in about the same time i can drive. I notice some people drive to the bank then hop in their gas guzzling cars and drive two blocks to the post office. I think this is not only a waste of money but terrible for the environment. I think its time we start peddling away from our problems.

timber
      Participant

LISTEN HERE!!! DO NOT FILL AT PETRO OR ESSO!!! Plain and simple! Think about it….petro canada and esso, 2 of the greediest corps in the whole country! Go to the gas bar or any other smaller lesser known types gig! Boycott these big bastards and you will see results. If you are such an economical person you would be praising the Gas Bar 119.9 a litre with 4 cents back…… or even the HUSKY 116.9. Yes Husky is big, but you will see results if you boycott Petro Canada and ESSO!! Do it and quit yer snivelling!!!

WHAT!!!

wrender
      Participant

gas isn’t really that expensive. take water for example, 1 litre is like $1.69…

you could always walk, but then you would need to buy more water to stay cool, so it might actually cost you more to walk. maybe once the iraq war is over, it will drop down so we can all drive our hummers around the city.

timber
      Participant

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!! Informative, insightful and very thought provoking piece of literature there Trusta-farian!! What are you some type of patchoolie stink soap-dodging hummer driving water buying pro-tard??? Right On!! Yer amazing, now go drive that hummer off a bridge and get all the free water ya want. Maybe instead of giving us yer lame arsed comments on the price comparisons of gasoline and water you can come up with a universe altering formula to stop world stupidity. Of course that would mean wiping out your own sub-culture of feeble minded and genetically redundent peons. Once again thanks for that piece of shit excuse for an attempt at humor!
      Best Regards

wrender
      Participant

hahah well, i can see your thought has been provoked or maybe revoked depending on how you look at it. i was just stating an opinion. I just think people should reconsider before demanding pricing reduction on a non renewable resource. it’s all about supply and demand.

on another note, did you know… gasoline is not renewable.

timber
      Participant

Hahaha!!! I get it! non-renewable resource!! Well I need lower prices cause I drive about 40min a day to work and 40 mins a day home from work. It’s CRAZY!!! I have a decent job, paid very well, I don’t drive a Hummer, never have and will never want to!I have a family to help support! A way of life that I want my son to have. I need my vehicle and I need lower prices of gasoline so that I can be taxed so that I can pay into welfare support the EI ski teams! If yer a welfare recipient then you should be shakin in yer boots cuz there are people out there who are ready to quit there jobs……same with the EI scene! If I am concerened about these prices what about the people who work min wage and have to drive from Sparwood to Fernie??? There goes half of their daily wage! It’s disgusting is all I am really saying and I wish there was an ESSO man I can piss on cuz I would right after I beat the piss outta the Petro Can Man!!

wildsight
      Participant

Nice to see you boys talking about renewal resources. Can you say renewable resources?

George Bush believes that CAnada has endless gas and donuts. For more information on the gas beneath the Elk Valley and free donuts be sure to attend:

BP Canada Energy Company
      Mist Mountain Coalbed Gas Project-OPEN HOUSE

BP Canada is in the early stages of appraising the commercial potential of coalbed gas in the Crowsnest Coalfield. Please come and meet our staff, learn about our commitment to safety and the environment, and understand the steps we?Ç‚Äôll take during the appraisal stage.

re
      Participant

free donuts, hopfully they will have it in Cow town so we can all drive , cheap gas in the pass :roll:

timber
      Participant

Oh yeah!!! Boycott that FLIPPIN’ COMPANY TOO!!! Shove them donuts up yer arse!! BP WHAT!!

moke
      Participant

drilling for coal bed methane in this valley sucks arse!!
      same with the mine projected for the flathead..

makes me laugh, all the piss on the flathead park stickers on all the ole boys trucks, what about piss on the flathead mine stickers?? and the piss on BP stickers, and the piss on GBush stickers…..and piss on the queen, and …..piss on anyone who drives a hummer….

piss on the rich!!!!!

remember its better to be pissed off than pissed on!

re
      Participant

its better to be pissed then pissed off……thats the best thing about Alberta is 1$beers……long live the pass and all ther cheap beer stores 24 cans for 24$$$$$$ :wink:

wildsight
      Participant

Ehh, Bob and Doug.

How did you knuckle-heads get so off topic? Too many fatties with those beers?

High gas prices have become a fact of life and it doesn?Ç‚Äôt look like that?Ç‚Äôs going to change anytime soon.

How are you coping?

What effect are fuel prices having on your everyday auto travel and vacation travel plans?

Take the BCAA Gas Price Impact 1-minute survey:

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/surv … 26JFXAWU3U

eatsleepskifernie
      Participant

Our price of Biodiesel has stayed the same for well over a year now – we try not to flucate like big oil and geez the over 200 customers we have are not by the side of the road they can actually drive with it. Unbelieveable. And hey what do you know they are actually reducing the amount of Green House Gases they are releasing when they drive plus because of it’s high lubricity they don’t need to add an expensive additive. Let see not get screwed at the pump and help stop Global Warming – it’s a no brainer.
      641 Douglas Fir Road, Sparwood full service station – Cottonwood Tree 20 litre jerry cans – Northshore Naturals in Nelson – just to name a few places where you can get Biodiesel. 250.425.0777

gavitron
      Participant

How much is biodiesel anyways? And how does it compare in mileage terms?

eatsleepskifernie
      Participant

We are sitting at 99.9 cents/L – we offer a lower price for bulk orders. We can ship 205 Litre Drums, 1000 Litre Totes and if you have an existing tank we can fill it with our 9000 Litre Fuel Delivery Truck. We ship both pure Biodiesel and blended Biodiesel/Diesel.
      Most people running at a B20 (20% Biodiesel 80%Diesel) are reporting better fuel mileage because of the increased lubricity. We run all our vehicles on B100 and have roughly the same mileage depending on how fast we go. People can’t believe it when we pass them and we’re running on the stuff.
      The next closest Biodiesel Station to us is in Vancouver going West and around the Toronto area going East.
      Our fuel that we sell is fully certified and insured plus all OEM honor at least 5% Biodiesel and some OEM (original engine manufacuters) have gone up to honoring 20% blends like Cummins. Some new diesels are coming off the line with 5% Biodiesel in the tanks. 250.425.0777 for more information.

wrender
      Participant

Why don’t you guys sell this at a gas station in fernie, and put it in a tank?

eatsleepskifernie
      Participant

Cause big oil doesn’t want us around – but we’re here – just will take some work for people who really want to make a difference to use environmentally friendly products. Like I said before if you can’t make it to Sparwood we will gladly deliver. 250.425.0777

wrender
      Participant

I am interested in this… I have a 2002 jetta diesel tdi. Would it work in this?
      I hardly use any fuel, and I walk when i can. I just don’t see it being economical or time efficient for me to go and pick up jerry cans, or have to call in and have them delivered when I need fuel…. I only use like 1 tank/two weeks.
      If I had a business that revolved around using diesel then I would for sure make the effort.

manly-seaeagle
      Participant

criky! they say winjing poms, more like winjing canadians the whole world exept the middle east is suffering from high petrol prices just cop it you are paying alot less than some, australian petrol, or gas for you lot, is ridiculously expensive, heres a thought, do canadians and septic tanks (yanks, americans) really need such enormous viehcles that use ridiculous amounts of gas, ford, dodge, chev, the size of the pick ups are just stupid and unneccecary, europe, australia, n.z and most of the world get buy with normal size pickups that use half the petrol and produce alot less amitions. greed when will we learn????

timber
      Participant

EH!! Hows a booot it, a know it all Straylin’ with his international wit and a bad dose of dingo lingo, Oi criky!!! Get Bent!! Ya don’t like us Winjin Nucks then hop a Quantus, drink a bitter and eat a pie with some tomahtah sauce!!! Ahhhhhh Psych Clown pants!! ya should just respect our winjin’ culture a lil’more!! Hey I would totally be callin’ yous up at Biodiesel but I am on Gas, Pooooot, ummm excuse me!! Petro Prices, errrrr, gas for the lot of us!! Prices suck!! Look gas up at one of the smaller gas shops! Just shy asay from ESSO and Petro Canada!!! All I am saying. BIODIESEL is cool, sooo jealous! Good luck guys!

jenniferojenny
      Participant

Sometimes I wonder why I even read these forums. I’m actually embarrassed to live in the same town as the idiots who argue and name call through their computers, too afraid to use their real names. I say fuck the price of gasoline. If you don’t like it, do something about it and there are lots of alternatives. Most people are just too lazy to do anything and just complain. Stop complaining. Buy biodiesel. Get a hybrid car. Produce your own biodiesel. I have a friend in the Slocan Valley who makes his own biodiesel (french fry grease and methane) and can drive across Canada for less than $80. He is also looking into a type of algae to produce his own biodiesel that emits 0 emissions and is a totally renewable resource. This is what people do who don’t sit on their computers all day and night and argue about which country is the best. They get out there and make a difference. And could all of you fucking idiots stop telling people visiting from other countries to “go back to your own country” it’s getting old and it’s just not cool.

gavitron
      Participant

Word.

timber
      Participant

My name is Jason Luke and you can XXXX my XXXX!!! WORD!!

jenniferojenny
      Participant

I just wanted to add to my previous posting that the biodiesel that my friend produces is not the pure biodiesel that you can purchase from Agri-Green Biodiesel (thus the difference in price). When my friend isn’t producing his own biodiesel, he actually purchases it from Agri-Green. So we’re pretty lucky to have it so close…

Viewing 24 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register