FAR not opening Timber and Whitepass Chairs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      skierguy
      Participant

I have heard throught the fernie rumour mill that Fernie Alpine Resort is planning on holding off on opening the Timber and Whitepass Chairs until December 12th, which is usually the start of the busy season on the hill.

This would be unfortunate. This part of the ski hill.. especially Whitepass are in just as, if not better condition than the current terrain open.

Why would FAR hold off on opening skiable terrain.?

I bought my season pass with the understanding that the ski hill would open when the snow conditions permitted…(as early as November 27th I was told)

???

czar from afar
      Participant

Let’s hope that the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies PR department reads this chat site and takes notice of these complaints.

My issue is with the lift system: time for a better lift out of Cedar that goes to the top of the hill.

skierguy
      Participant
      "czar from afar":100xj0kh wrote:
      My issue is with the lift system: time for a better lift out of Cedar that goes to the top of the hill.[/quote:100xj0kh]

I second that.

And while their at it…..

Lift to top of snake…. high speed elk…. mid mountain lodge… I could go on for quite a while

elsie
      Participant

I don’t know if they are waiting to open Timber until the 12th, but frankly I’d be glad since maybe the snow coverage this year will be better…last year it opened at about the same time as the old side and the ski-outs were brutal.

December 12th is still relatively early season; Gives the locals a couple weeks before holiday madness anyway. :wink:

skierguy
      Participant
      "elsie":32c4urwj wrote:
      I don’t know if they are waiting to open Timber until the 12th, but frankly I’d be glad since maybe the snow coverage this year will be better…last year it opened at about the same time as the old side and the ski-outs were brutal.

December 12th is still relatively early season; Gives the locals a couple weeks before holiday madness anyway. :wink:[/quote:32c4urwj]

Actually, last year they opened the whitepass, with downloading on the timber chair then a few weeks later the old side opened.

I don’t see why they would hold off on opening the new side when the conditions are excellent. Besides just being cheap, and not opening the lifts to keep operation costs down..this is not an excuse… I paid for a seasons pass with the understanding that when conditions permit the terrain will open??? Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see what RCR has in store for us……….

lignow
      Participant

RE- timber delay. This was a management decision not a snow coverage issue.What’s going to happen in the spring? If they close it 2 or 3 week early, I am going to feel like I got ripped off.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register