Park Place Lodge

Consignment for old records tapes etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      canatedian
      Participant

I’m seriously wodering how the market would be in the new and used music bussiness. I know alot of people have thrown out most of their old records and cassettes but there are some songs that can’t be found via the net (rightfully so). Music makes a great souvenier, no? I’m a music collector and nothing makes me sadder than walking into pawn shops and auctions and seeing the assortment of good condition cd’s alone. I don’t like to part with my own collection, but would like to be able to at least share it. Contact me via canatedian@shaw.ca if you yourself would want to offload some old records etc. What’s a fair price? I’ve seen vinyl priced at $10 and more each in bigger centers.

canatedian
      Participant

I seriously need input here people.

I am curently working on a community futures plan, but I need public opinion.

please take the time to submit a response.

Thanks. Nate.

valleygirl
      Participant

Nate, are you looking at opening up a new and used record store in town? Hmm. I think it would definitely be risky, but what new and small business in Fernie isn’t? On the one hand you have a lot of DJ’s in town that are always looking for new music, on the other hand the world is moving towards electronic everything. Also your inventory might take awhile to build up. It would be a great addition to the local businesses in town though….

I’m not sure if I answered your question or not….good luck either way.

Todd W.
      Participant

there have been a few in the past, never lasted, and there is one now, do you think town needs 2?

gavitron
      Participant

New and used music? I don’t think it stands a chance. But I think you’re on to something. I know that in the past second hand shops have stood the test of time in Fernie. Perhaps, I think, used music along with other things, such as used books and videos even….all sorts of used entertainment and you’d be in good shape. Alot of the people who come here are on a budget and prefer to spend small amounts of money to keep entertained while they aren’t skiing.
      The thing with music is that its so easy to get it all for free these days. I haven’t bought a CD since I was 15. But if I was wandering around a store such as this and seen “Dance Mix 93” and it was only 4 or 5 bucks, I would buy it. And I also hate paying $30 for a book when I could get someones old copy for like $5. Just some thoughts for ya….

Viewing 4 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register