Park Place Lodge

Canadian Tire Misleading Price Tags

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      mikes
      Participant

Has anybody notice how Canadian Tire tries to mislead us into thinking an item is onsale, and that if we don’t act now the sale will quickly end? They use tags that are the same red and yellow color as the sale tags, and place them beside other items with sale tags that are actually on sale. The real sale item tag will give how much your saving in percentage and dollars, and says when the sale ends. The fake sale tag just says Great Value, its say the price, and then in the bottom right corner it says that there is and end date, even though it was this price before the date, and will continue being this price well after the date. If you move the fake sale tag out of the way you expose the normal price of the item and guess what, it’s the same price as the fake sale tag… no sale.. Does anybody else find this deceiving? Here’s a pic to show what I mean.

henry
      Participant

i think extra foods has more confusing price tags

admin
      Keymaster

We all only buy their goods when on sale, they are obviously trying to trick us into buying goods at full price.

Shame on Canadian Tire and thanks for the heads up!

jenna-arcade
      Participant

They should be using a differnet colour paper for all the different signage there is, but i’m sure they just don’t care. Most of the stuff is a great value compared to other places anyway I’m sure, or we should all know what brands are crap and not to buy them. We all love CT even if we think we hate it, they’ve got everything!

That is all.

Not sure what compelled me to reply to this post.

edwin
      Participant

note CTs flyers as well….same story.
      many items are simply IN the flyer but are listed at regular price.

cs86
      Participant

Extra foods does the exact same thing, they will have one of their fancy "Sale" stickers on an item and if you pull it back, the ‘sale’ price is the same as the regular price. Buyer beware I guess, even though they shouldn’t be allowed to do that…

locazo
      Participant

Most stuff at CT is crap anyway! It will break or malfunction within a week or month. All of it is cheap shit made in China. It is the only way any business can make any money. They know that their stuff is crap, they’ll sell it for cheap, and people will buy it. A month later it will break down, and unless you have saved that receipt, you are SOL because you are not getting an exchange or your money back. And we all know that if a product, such as a drill or a lawnmower, or even a hammer were to be made in Canada, no one will buy it. You know why? Because it will have to sell for a lot higher than the crap they get from China or India or wherever. Simply because the cost to pay our workers would be a lot higher. So not the stuff from Canadian Tire is not great. Not even the Canadian flags that are sold for Canada Day are made here! You are only supporting the growth of foreign economies!

megadude
      Participant

LOCAZO wrote :
      > Most stuff at CT is crap anyway! It will break or malfunction within a week
      > or month. All of it is cheap shit made in China. It is the only way any
      > business can make any money. They know that their stuff is crap, they’ll
      > sell it for cheap, and people will buy it. A month later it will break
      > down, and unless you have saved that receipt, you are SOL because you are
      > not getting an exchange or your money back. And we all know that if a
      > product, such as a drill or a lawnmower, or even a hammer were to be made
      > in Canada, no one will buy it. You know why? Because it will have to sell
      > for a lot higher than the crap they get from China or India or wherever.
      > Simply because the cost to pay our workers would be a lot higher. So not
      > the stuff from Canadian Tire is not great. Not even the Canadian flags that
      > are sold for Canada Day are made here! You are only supporting the growth
      > of foreign economies!

In case you’ve just joined us here on planet Earth, for the last 30-40 years, virtually everything is manufactured in Asia. I suppose you have some magical, secret hardware store you shop at where the prices are lower, all goods sold are manufactured in Canada, and you can return merchandise and get refunds without producing proof of purchase. Canadian Tire has great selection, good staff and awesome sale prices weekly. The brands they sell are as good as anything else on the market, Mastercraft, Black & Decker, Stanley etc. And by the way, moron, supporting the growth of foreign economies is a good thing, and the whole basis of global trade…you’re proposing that we buy nothing from foreign nations, so that they have no money to buy things in turn from us….such as energy…? You must be an economics professor, your intellect shines through your very intelligent post. If you’re going to be an idiot, it’s best not to do it in public.

mikes
      Participant

I’d say you either own or work at Canadian Tire. Another point on the weekly sale is…. for example.. Master Craft angle grinder.. sometimes (I’d guess 60% of the time) the price is $59.99…. but sometimes(I’d guess 40% of the time) it’s on sale for $19.99. So you see it in the flyer for $19.99 and you think wow…thats a low price.. but if you have a memory you realize it’s that $19.99 price 5 months of the year and the other 7 months of the year it’s over priced. There’s countless products like that.. Having the customer service counter being the only till open is not good customer service. Maybe if people wern’t always returning the stuff that broke on them the line up wouldn’t be so long. The point of Canadian Tire buying all there stuff from China isn’t a dig at foreign trade… it’s a dig at the quality of product they’re selling… one of the reasons China can sell so cheap is because , generally it’s a low quality product. I find it kind of a weird first post… come out swinging…name calling… you sound so offended… When you say the brands they sell are just as good as anything on the market… your not refering to BIKES are you.. :wink: or tools… :wink: or tires :wink:

fernielocal101
      Participant

I wont buy anything from there unless I need to… crapy tire sells crappy stuff, they have taught me a valuble lesson… you get what you pay for.

locazo
      Participant

I love the name calling!

mtnrat
      Participant

Canadian Tire is one of the best things to happen here. It keeps many people in town for shopping, attracts others from neighbouring areas and has created quit a bit of work for locals.
      As for the quality, each person gets to decide what to and what not to purchase. It is up to the individual to figure out if the price is good or not. A business has the right to make the price what ever they want, and the consumer has the right to decide if the price is good.
      I may not go there for months, but when I need something on a sunday they have quite a selection of stuff from kids wetsuits, to skates, to tools, etc.
      As for the quality, they are no snap-on, but I have built engines, replaced transmissions and lots of other general wrenching, with no real complaints for what I paid. I will tell you when those socket/wrench sets in the large case go on sale for $99, it is one of the best kits for a boat , RV, and home. I had a huge grinding project and went through seven grinders, the first three being porter cable, bosch, and dewalt, the last four being the $19.99 crappy tire specials and they had the same life as the more expensive ones in the abrasive dust environment they were used, in fact one of them just about wouldn’t die.
      Bottom line, wait for the sales, buy only what you need or would have to go out of town for, and quit complaining about a problem that is so small as to make it a joke to even have thought about it.

mikes
      Participant

Made you think about it :( :| :) :D :lol: Anyways the point of the thread wasn’t "the best thing that ever happened to this town" the point of the thread is there misleading price tags.. I should say very misleading…

mtnrat
      Participant

mikes wrote :
      > Made you think about it :( :| :) :D :lol: Anyways the point of the
      > thread wasn’t "the best thing that ever happened to this town"
      > the point of the thread is there misleading price tags.. I should say very
      > misleading…

You always crack me up. :lol:

tazjames
      Participant

The miss leading thing that got me was when lagostina bake wear was on sale. In the flyer it had the picture of the muffin tin for the sale and low and behold when I went to pay for it was told that the muffin tins are not on sale, it was still Lagostina, still bake wear all cookie trays and cake tins were on sale but not the muffin tin. Pointed out the false claim made by the flyer and was told pretty much too bad. I was pretty damn cheesed off about that. Don’t put something in the flyer if your not going to sell it at the marked flyer price! I believe thats called false advertising.

Viewing 14 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register