Park Place Lodge

Avalanche Trancievers For Sale

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      rudy-admin
      Participant

Two Pieps 457 with Opti-find light option. Great condition.

$100 each

rudy-admin
      Participant

Will sell both for $150. They are in excellent working condition.

All lift users at FAR should wear a tranceiver. In bounds slides are not uncommon. :shock:

daniel_laven
      Participant

u still got em?

rudy-admin
      Participant

The transceivers are still available – his and her special for $150. :!:

steelo
      Participant

Hi, do you have the transceivers still? I am new at ski school as a snowboard instructor. really want 2 transceivers and am poor, lol Thanks, Lucy

timber
      Participant

You really should not be buying used beacons, no offense. You can never be too sure of the history of said beacons. You cannot put a discount on the price of your life or the others that you are hiking with. Had a friend buy one a few years back and the person that he bought it off of had shown him how to “use” it. Turns out he had to hold one of the wires to his search beacon, well it just never really worked. Would you buy a used helmet or airbag? Look, just research it before you make any decisions. Save up some money and buy a new one, you can’t go wrong.

bradlee
      Participant

It is okay to buy a used transceiver. They can be bench tested to confirm frequency range, and you can perform tests yourself before purchasing the unit. You should have your unit tested regularly anyway. The price is pretty low on these units, but a new Tracker is just over $300, and they are a great unit for a newbie.

Buying a transceiver that needs to have “wires” plugged in sounds like a pretty dumb idea though. Good idea to steer clear of any of these.

kwaldeck
      Participant

What is your contact info.
      You can reach me in Fernie on my cell … 531-0588
      Thanks
      Karl

rudy-admin
      Participant

SOLD

Viewing 8 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register