Park Place Lodge

Aussies wondering about a place to live

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      sparkles
      Participant

Hello.
      I’m an australian girl planning to travel to fernie with my b/f for the 04/05 winter season. we are not sure about where to start looking for a place to live for the season – can anyone give me some advice?? should i start looking on web sites for useful real estate agents etc? or should i wait until i get there and then just look for a place then?
      any advice would be really great.
      thanks.

anonymous
      Participant

Hey read the announcemnet in this forum it will give you a better idea. It alll depends when you arrive, If you are early then no problem. If you come in December January, it can be a bit of a hunt if you are picky on your accom. It took friends from Aust. 2 weeks before they found anything last year and that was just rooming with 4 other guys!

sparkles
      Participant

Hey.
      thanks for the quick reply – i read the first post and it gave me a better idea of when to start looking for somewhere to live. however, i am not sure of what websites to look at or who to contact re. a good place to live. can you give me any pointers???
      Cheers.

aussie couple
      Participant

Hey, we’re an aussie couple looking for a place to live this winter season aswell. Post your email address, and if we find a two bedroom place with a room to fill, we’ll contact you.

Alternatively our email address if you want to contact us is dansgospel@hotmail.com

amandamlbarry
      Participant

Hi….My roomate and I are also looking for a place, or even others to room with…..When will you be in Fernie? I am currently living in NY, but will be moving back to Canada early October….My roomie will be in Fernie about the same time….we have done heaps of research and posted a few messages for places, but we think it’s best to get there and then find a place….thinking about staying at the Raging Elk or another hostel till we find a place….If you are interested in getting a house to share, please let me know(would help to keep living cost down!)…..Amanda and Chey

aussie couple
      Participant

Hi Amanda and Chey, sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I just recently found a 3 bedroom place fully furnished for $1500 a week. Its around 100m from the bus stop and looks pretty sweet. The owner wants to know if I can fill the place, so if you guys want to have a look I can email email you the info.

Alternatively, If you have any other ideas, my girlfriend and I would be keen to find a few roomates for the season. It does seem to be the cheapest way to go, and probably more fun too.

So if your keen, let me know
      Dan

chillednessie
      Participant

Hey Dan,

I am a 27 year old kiwi chic looking for a place to live too. I am moving to Fernie mid – end Nov, I would be interested in moving in with others as well. If you still have space let me know, I am clean, laid back and easy going – done alot of travelling and lived in lots of flats. Anyway if there’s space I’d be keen.
      Cheers
      Vanessa (vanessabrowne@hotmail.com) Subject: Fernie

ferniepinchack
      Participant

I have a condo Ad is on web under Dream Condo if intrested.
      Robin

Viewing 7 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register