Park Place Lodge

*ATTENTION CASHIER CHEQUE FRAUD*

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      1212sadie
      Participant

Please be aware that this site has been targeted by people pretending they want to purchase an item for sale. The person asks if you will accept a cashier cheque payment because he is overseas. You will then receive a cheque for an amount much higher than the selling price. He will ask you to send the difference by Western Union for his shipper, etc. The cheque looks real but the bank will discover weeks later that it was fraud after you have sent them the money. He usually calls himself Dr Frank Wilcok but could be going under other names (usually using Dr).

rudy-admin
      Participant

Have you been subject to this fraud?

What is the persons user name?

Please contact me to have their account and IP banned from the site.

admin

1212sadie
      Participant

I was almost a victim to the fraud but I figured it out when I received the cheque and letter with an explanation of what to do with the extra money sent. He sent me a reply to my email address so I do not know his username. After further investigation, this person (and others) do this all over the country (and probably the world). It’s happening in Montreal to other friends of mine who wanted to sell things on other sites. I found out that he is Nigerian (I spoke to him on the phone) and this is a scam that has been around for a while (this follows the Nigerian letter scam). I just want people to know that they are surfing this site and not to get caught in this scam as it will cost them a lot of money.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register