Park Place Lodge

Accommodation in Fernie?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      nzgirl
      Participant

Hi,

This is my first season in Fernie and I’m quite worried I’ve left it too late to find somewhere to stay till April.

Is it a bad idea to come over without a place to stay and try and find one when I’m there? Just staying in a hostel till I do?

Your help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks

czar from afar
      Participant

I must say that accomodation demands seem to be a little higher this year compared to prior years.

However, I am sure that you would be able to find a room rental. There are some public posting locations in town which may help you out (e.g. at Overweightee and outside the Post Office). A local might want to comment here on how useful these postings are for rentals.

Enjoy.

kootney_girl
      Participant

Their is a huge rental shortage across the whole Kootenay’s this year, i would really find housing before you come.

re
      Participant

just head on over it takes a little leg work but there are lots of places for rent, and heaps of work, do not listen to nay sayers …. this is your holiday , hostels are a great start to networking :D

kootney_girl
      Participant

Just FYI i wasn’t being a Nay Sayer just stating the facts, yes their is tons of work but there is a rental shortage, Do you not read the paper, or listen to the radio?

re
      Participant

but since i work @ the Raging Elk hostel , and have watched heaps of travels come in to town and find houses , i know the ture story, and that is renters are just willing to rent to skiers or people from out of town who have the $$$, they are making good coin doing this and this was there whole perpose of ther investment, witch i do not have a issue with but it is interesting watching the media stir up the pot so to speak , just like they have done with fear and war and chicken flu, gas, beer, now its housing in Fernie………… lol
      it really has been a eye opener of the power they have and what suckers are out there sucking it all in, …… but back to the housing shortage i would say its more of a $$$ driven issue , , plenty of housing and jobs in town for the winter, SO DON,T WORRY BE HAPPY ITS LOOKING LIKE ANOTHER :twisted: :twisted: GREAT WINTER IN FERNIE

kootney_girl
      Participant

If you speak to the property managment companies, you will here a different story Re. i’m not worried i have a home, just trying to help and give the facts, i know that alot of the people coming to fernie do not have the kind of money that people are asking to live in their homes, i’m sure she will find somewhere to live i wasn’t trying to stop her from coming just trying to help is all, a question was asked and to the best of my knowledge was answering it bitter boy.

re
      Participant

no bitter beer face here, its all good , have another six moving out today into new houses, i,m sure the story would be different if these were locals they would still be homeless, this is kinda Fernies dirty little seceret … :D
      but no worries Kootnay, just OVER the no housing stories , but like i say people are finding houses ……..you heard it here first , :wink:

kootney_girl
      Participant

oh i’m not worried, never said i was like i did say Re. i have a home so i’m not worried at all. Just trying to help.

re
      Participant

so if you are not worried, are you happy? :lol:

rudy-admin
      Participant

Wasn’t that a song: “Don’t worry – be happy!!!!!!!”

Viewing 10 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register