Everyone and anyone is welcome to attend the Tourism Master Plan Open House.
Learn about some of the results of the resident and business surveys.
Updates on next steps in developing the Tourism Master Plan.
Engage with Task Force members and the consultant,
A community based tourism master plan is a document informed by the community and developed by a group with a broad cross-section of interests related to tourism. The planning process often provides an opportunity for business, local government, cultural organizations, other community based groups and community members to:
– Identify a tourism vision that supports broad community outcomes
– Understand tourism resources and potential
– Capitalize on existing and emerging tourism opportunities
– Address tourism obstacles to overcome
– Allocate resources to pursue actions in the short/medium/long term
– Set the future stage for long-term success
Tourism has been called the gateway to rural economic development and is a significant economic sector in many towns and regions. More than just any other industry, tourism requires collaboration and partnering locally with residents, businesses, user groups and organizations, as well as with regional and provincial organizations. Done right, tourism can bring many benefits to communities; doing it right requires proactive planning and ongoing governance for community success.