Park Place Lodge
The Vagina Monologues

Description:

The Vagina Monologues are back and ready to raise awareness and funds to stop gender-based violence and harassment. The show came to Fernie in 2009 and now, your favourite Fernie feminists are giving the show a second life in this mountain town, almost a decade later.

The play was originally written by American playwright Eve Ensler in 1996 after conducting interviews with hundreds of women about their different experiences of womanhood. Ensler then compiled the interviews into a series of monologues, now known internationally as the Vagina Monologues.

Ensler also created V-Day, a global movement to end violence against women and girls. This is the 20th anniversary of the Monologues and therefore sure to be something really special!

This year’s production in Fernie will see 10 percent of the proceeds raised from ticket sales go towards the global V-Day organization. The other 90 percent however will stay in Fernie, going towards the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre and local women in need.

Performances will take place on Friday, February 9 @ 7:00pm and Saturday, February 10 @ 1:00 and 7:00pm.

Tickets available from any cast member or from Polar Peek Books and Treasures for $15!


Loading Map....

Leave a comment

Fernie Network Blogs

Locals Report
Locals Report

A locals update on snow, trails, powder and more.

Read More
Fernie Bike Events
Fernie Bike Events

Fernie's destination biking events organized locally.

Read More
Mary Giuliano
Mary Giuliano

Mary writes about the town she has loved since moving here in May of 1953.

Read More
Fernie Alpine Resort
Fernie Alpine Resort

Fernie Alpine Resort offers world-class winter and summer activities.

Read More
Backcountry Powder
Backcountry Powder

Fernie's backcountry is where the powder lasts for weeks whether you're touring or riding!

Read More
Elk River Alliance
Elk River Alliance

A community-based water group protecting the Elk River watershed.

Read More
Wildsight
Wildsight

Working to protect wildlife, water and wild spaces.

Read More
Fernie Chamber
Fernie Chamber

A service organization dedicated to enhancing the economic future of Fernie and the quality of life.

Read More
Council Connection
Council Connection

Fernie Council Meeting updates and news is available here in the latest edition of Council Connection.

Read More
Regional District of East Kootenay
Regional District of East Kootenay

Local rural area government dedicated to providing quality service to residents and property owners.

Read More
Off Camber in Fernie
Off Camber in Fernie

Keith Liggett follows the goings and comings in Fernie—in town and on the hill—but not in the normal fall line.

Read More
Fernie Ski & Board Fim Fest
Fernie Ski & Board Fim Fest

Hundreds of skiers and boarders celebrate the coming season with the seasons top ski and board films.

Read More
Project Heli
Project Heli

Grace set her goal to become the first physically disabled woman tandem sit skier to Heliski in Canada!

Read More
Fernie Ghostriders
Fernie Ghostriders

Fernie's Junior B Hockey Club, a proud member of the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League.

Read More