The Gillbilly is a perfect mix of old-time music, jamming, food, good times and plenty of free time for fishing on the Elk River.
Gillbilly is two full days of music and fun hosted by the The Old Type Music Society. A perfect mix of old-time music, jamming, food, good times and plenty of free time for fishing on the Elk River. Not into fishing? bring your bike, hike or do some busking downtown in beautiful Fernie, BC.
Confirmed performer/instructors are Pharis & Jason Romero, Jim & Lynn McLennan, and Chris Coole (Lonesome Ace Stringband, Foggy Hogtown Boys) and more to come! More details about the performers here.
The weekend will feature two concerts at the Arts Station, informal workshops on fishing, picking, hosted jams, and great food! All of this will take place in scenic downtown Fernie.
$100 per person weekend Pass includes:
• Wine and cheese reception & Saturday Taco Bar
• Both evening concerts at The Arts Station (Friday Sept. 30 & Saturday Oct. 1)
• Hosted and spontaneous jams downtown
• Informal music and fishing workshops at the Arts Station and other downtown venues
• Time to fish, bike, hike and relax in this charming BC town
$85 per person Youth Weekend Pass (age 12-16):
• Includes everything in the standard weekend pass. Note: There is no childcare, nor are the programs designed for youth, so if your tween/teen is able to focus and play along with adults they are more than welcome to come. All youth MUST be accompanied by a registered adult.
You can register right now for this awesome event here.