Participant

Listen here:
      People will save %1 on every night they spend at a hotel
      You will save 3% on alcohol purchases
      and Basic groceries are exempt from the HST

so really it isnt as bad as we are meant to belive… im just saying

henry
      Participant

well i don’t spend money at hotels and pretty much only buy basic groceries so that’s a non issue

but i’m NOT stoked to be spending more on bike parts and ski gear

mikes
      Participant

It’s a consumer tax.. Why shouldn’t you pay more because you consume more than say Mr.Johnson. They’ve cut Mr.Johnsons taxes. Since 2006 they’ve lowered Mr.Johnson income tax, and raised taxes bases on consumption rather than income. The more you consume, the more you pay. It’s a "consumer tax". Mr.Johnsons happy, he consumes far less goods than most, and pays less taxes because of it. That’s the answer… consume less… pay less taxes….

imported_ryland
      Participant

There are ALOT of great benefits that the HST brings. consumption taxes are the way to go for sure. and as a new business I am glad I only have to do sales tax filing once!

But to add a new tax to items that were previously exempt because they are needed by all in society or because they promote healthy living and green initiatives is plain WRONG.

Its too bad that the BC liberals complete incompetence has failed to modernize our tax system into something that could have been good. Guess they couldn’t have kept the same PST exemptions for the regular folks after cutting so much tax from their big business buddies.

Only good thing that is coming out of this whole HST mess is that people are finally realizing just how corrupt and incompetent the BC liberal party is. Too bad they didn’t figure it out before the last election!

mikes
      Participant

Ya last time around, buddy was a weirdo, "of course coal bed methane can be drilled for safely, I should know, I own a company that drills for coal bed methane everyday." WEIRDO!!

edwin
      Participant

how do you alll like the HST now?
      i mean i am guessing you all had a chance to spend some more $$$ on tax….
      type what you think.
      thanks.

mikes
      Participant

I’m enjoying health care! Trip to the hospital, doctors appointment, and my sons 100% covered. He’s had a doctor appointment at 1 month, then 2 months, then 4 months. Didn’t see a bill. Sure is nice….. Health Sales Tax.. Don’t like tax? Consume less.

edwin
      Participant

i dont know mikes…
      i mean last year you were getting health care…
      did your premiums drop as of july 1???
      mine didnt ;(
      is your doctors finger warmer now after hst?

mikes
      Participant

Ya and 1027 babies are born in Canada everyday. Where we getting the money from for their healthcare? What about imigration? What about all the people in Ontario without jobs? How are we paying for the ever growing Canadian expenses? My doctors finger isn’t warmer this year, but it does seem a little longer. :shock:

henry
      Participant

government tax credit check was bigger than ever this quarter with HST

edwin
      Participant

ok
      mikes getting better health care since july 1….henry got the best credit ever from tax….what else? what are you other cats thinking?

lord knows we alllls paying more.

drop a line on here wit yer thought(s)

david r gildea
      Participant

So, I am waiting for the booze prices to go down, have not seen it yet !!!, what the hell are you calling "Basic" groceries ? our grocery bill has leapt up, still it is a "consumer" tax, so I guess if we all stop eating we will save money !! I am told that the U.S.Border has been opening up a lot more than the usual one lane, traffic to the states has increased substansially, I wonder why ? probably the same to Alberta aswell, I still fail to see how the regressive tax is going to create jobs, its a tax grab pure and simple and will hurt the allready struggling economy, just watch and wait, the only bright spot in all of this is that amongst the jobs lost, and there will be jobs lost, will be all the liberal politicians, at the next election, at least the french had the guillotine !!! when Marie Antonette had the same disdain for the public.

mikes
      Participant

Basic groceries such as milk, bread, and vegetables, are exempt from the B.C. provincial of sales tax. As are most fishery products such as fish for human consumption. Other provincial sales tax exempt items are:
      ?Children’s-sized clothing and footwear
      ?Children’s car seats and car booster seats
      ?Diapers
      ?Feminine hygiene products
      A rebate will be set up to ensure that HST will not increase the cost of heat or power in residential homes.
      The B.C. Government has promised that low income families (under $25,000) and individuals (under $20,000) will receive $230 credit!

Viewing 12 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register