Park Place Lodge

What you can’t be serious? ‘The Drive’

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      connwood
      Participant

Myself like many other people in the Valley, I listen to the Drive. Most of us don’t have a lot of options. Don’t get me wrong it’s not that bad, however. Come on did they really say that?

They advertise in a creative ways…

-Fernie Mountain Spirits…’Now competitively priced’. What they admit they were ripping us off before?

-The Fernie Hotel…is on 1st street???? isn’t it on 1st ave?

-Max’s at the park place…Does Fernie really meet there, is it really Fernie’s favourite place to eat?

The Personalities…

-What the F is wrong with that Derek Corchanga? Why does he Talk that way? Does someone squeeze his nuts after every second syllable? Gawd what an annoying voice.

-That chick who does Crime Stoppers. If you work in radio and your job is speaking you would think you could pronounce ‘aninimity’. You would think.

-And of coarse that community events ad the chick that says "Really you can’t be serious" OMG I want to slap that Chick. Why do they play that?

And of coarse there are a lot of other F-up’s. But that’s what you get in a small market.

Nope there the Drive…

megadude
      Participant

I agree they can be annoying and amateurish, but it’s small town radio, what do you expect? I do however, think they play a pretty good playlist, a good mix of everything, old and new and not just the obvious hits. As for the "You can’t be serious thing…I’m pretty sure it’s meant to mean "You can’t be Sirius…as in the satellite radio thing…no they’re the Drive.

mikes
      Participant

Bring back EK radio with Howie Ashmore. I love waking up to La Bamba every morning.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register