Vote compass / my ass

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      re
      Participant

I started putting this together earlier, it needs lots of work. I really can’t believe how mainstream media continually legitimizes this system, I feel compelled to fight back at every corner. I had one thought today regarding the political spectacle – what if Ignatieff called for a non confidence vote on purpose, knowing he was going to get lambasted (his numbers are embarrassing) with the goal of getting Harper a majority government? We all know Ignatieff is an American with an alterior motive – getting Harper a majority government clears the way for corporations and private banks to have their way with what is left of Canadian Soveriegnty. Check out the link to the Feb 04th Secret Agreement (question 5 below) – pretty scary shit. http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=1153

As May 02nd fast approaches, I think we all need to be very aware of our archaic political system’s new weapon…

VOTE COMPASS

You have all been hearing a lot about the newly launched Vote Compass, how easy it makes it for ‘Clueless Canadians’ (those are not my words) to understand which party most represents their views. It sounds intriguing indeed, doesn’t it. Well I took it for a spin, I suggest you do too as it will give better clarity to my perspective on it…

First up, we are told they are ‘random questions’ put their by the creators of the site to reflect the most common questions the 4 main political parties are asked (see their Faqs here) – obviously there are more than 4 parties in Canada. One of the questions is "should we put more military in the Arctic?" – according to their representative on CKNW today, if you answer Yes – you are Conservative, if you answer No, you are NDP. Last time I checked, there wasn’t any kind of war or peace keeping mission in the Arctic, I am not sure how this could be construed as a ‘hot button’ topic or how the answer can determine my political leaning. Another question – "How much should the government spend on Military?" – who the hell is going to answer this question with any kind rational knowledge? Most of the questions are along this line – basically questions that normal people wouldn’t be able to answer, how this determines what party we may be associated with is beyond me.

Aside from the silly questions, they only give you 5 parties to choose from – the big 3 plus the Green Party and the Bloc, even though there are 19 Registered Parties in Canada (I am still perplexed as to why one Province gets in while the rest are sidelined – although I have a lot of respect for Quebec in that regard!). This is problematic for a number of reasons, the most obvious being that this ‘compass’ completely sidelines all the other parties, making it seem as though you really only have 3 parties to choose from (unless you are from Quebec or are one of those crazy radicals who actually cares about the environment).

Its big claim all over the news is ‘how shocked’ many people are as to which party best matches their concerns’ – this is just ridiculous, the only reason we are shocked is because we feel violated by being associated with any of these disgusting mud slinging excuses for political parties displayed each day on main stream media (not you Green, you are nice enough and your heart is in the right place!). We are forced into being ‘pigeon holed’ into one of the big 3. The end result is that the ‘clueless Canadian’ now knows who to vote for on May 02nd, hhmmm.

Basically, the Vote Compass just legitimizes these horribly run, out of control Political Parties that are completely disconnected from the people and the issues. It is designed for one purpose, to keep this political system in place so that the invisible government can continue robbing the people.

Here are some questions I would like to see placed on this survey…

1. DID YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR HARPER TO SEND OUR FORCES INTO A WAR WITHOUT CONSULTING THE CANADIAN PEOPLE, A WAR COMPLETELY CONTRIVED AND STAGED BY WHATEVER IT IS RUNNING THE US GOVT?
      2. DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO SPEND BILLIONS ON MILITARY WHILE WE CUT FUNDING TO EDUCATION, SCHOOLS AND DOCTORS?
      3. DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO CONTINUE DROPPING BOMBS ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN LIBYA WHILE WE WATCH ONE OF OUR BIGGEST TRADING PARTNERS SUFFER HORRIBLY AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE?
      4. DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO HAVE OUR MONEY PRINTED BY A PRIVATE OFF SHORE BANK WHO LENDS IT BACK TO US AT INTEREST?
      5. DO YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR HARPER TO SIGN AWAY CANADA’S BORDERS IN A SECRET AGREEMENT WITH THE US ON FEBRUARY 04 2011, ALLOWING FOREIGN CORPORATIONS THE RIGHTS TO OUR RESOURCES WITHOUT HAVING TO ANSWER TO CANADIAN LAW???
      6. DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT JUST BE A GOOD IDEA TO START VOTING ON ISSUES AS OPPOSED TO PUPPETS?
      7. ARE YOU SICK AND TIRED OF BEING LIED TO BY POLITICIANS WHO SIMPLY CANNOT DELIVER WHAT THEY PROMISE AS THEY WOULD NEVER GET ELECTED?
      8. DO THE NEGATIVE ATTACK ADS DRIVE YOU NUTS AND MAKE YOU NOT WANT TO VOTE AT ALL?
      9. ARE YOU JUST DIEING FOR REAL CHANGE, TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITHOUT HAVING TO VOTE FOR THESE RIDICULOUS OUT OF TOUCH POLITICIANS?

Fear not, there is an alternative…

On May 02nd, vote, vote with all your heart and sole – but don’t vote for the big 3. Look at this list of other Parties – vote for any one of them. Send Ottawa a message they wont soon forget – ‘The gig is up’, real change is on the horizon.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fe … _in_Canada

megadude
      Participant

Hmmm….Vote with all my heart and "sole", does that mean with the bottom of my shoe or do I go and buy a fish?

Viewing 1 reply thread
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register