University of Regina-55 or 110 ppl -spring break info please

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      uofregina
      Participant

Hey,
      I am organizing a trip to Fernie for the University of Regina.
      It is all booked, and 55 people are coming for sure, possibly 110. We will be staying at the Polar Peaks Lodges. We are coming February 20th-25th.
      I am just looking for some info, as i havent been to fernie for a couple years.
      #1) What is the polar peaks near up on the mountain for stores? Do we have access to booze, food etc…
      #2) We would be arranging for our group of (probably 55), to get on the bus and show up at a bar one night in town i’d assume. What nites are good at what bars? What kind of specials?
      #3)How do we go about booking shuttle, just so i can relay that info to other people on the trip.
      Also, what is ANY other general info you have for us? We are here to have a good time, its an annual trip, we went to kimberley last year. We love to party and really arent sober for 5 days straight.
      Any info u have at all would be great. I’m a local in a resort in the summer, and I know that locals are the friendliest and most knowledgeable people around!
      Thanks

savage

Hey there,

Just to answer a couple of your questions…you have access to two restaurants on the hill (Kelsey’s, The Wood) plus the Griz Bar for apres ski, but for going out you’ll definitely want to head downtown.

On the hill there is a liquor/small grocery store but to do a good shop you’ll need to come downtown. However the prices at the ski hill liquor store are actually pretty good.

Some of the bars downtown have had a facelift and look really good. To get downtown, you’ll need to take either a taxi or possibly a free shuttle which people are working on right now (they had one last year).

When you say booking a shuttle, if you’re refering to an airport shuttle try Mountain Perks — http://www.mountainperks.ca. Otherwise you’ll need to try Greyhound – not sure again what you mean by shuttle. There isn’t really a local shuttle bus though you could try Kootenay Taxi.

If you’re here for five days you can try all of Fernie’s bars! The Fernie, The Northern, The Central, The Royal, The Eldorado and The Pub.

Cheers

uofregina
      Participant

What are specific nights at the bars?
      Dollar draft, kareoke, busy,etc…

groups
      Participant

Would this be the Great Canadian Ski Club that I’ve heard about??

elsie
      Participant

Let’s get this straight, this is info not a recommendation…and also based on last year. This year a few of the bars are under new ownership so it’s a bit hard to tell which nights will be busier…

The Griz Bar (on the hill) very busy apres ski
      The Fernie – Fridays, Name That Tune is popular
      The Royal – Thursday is Jam night
      The Eldo – Friday/Saturday, very busy if they have a band or dj
      The Central – apres ski and bands ont the weekends

Not sure about The Northern, it’s really nice inside now, I think they’re planning on having bands and djs but the schedule is unclear…

uofregina
      Participant
      "groups":zfr0rum2 wrote:
      Would this be the Great Canadian Ski Club that I’ve heard about??[/quote:zfr0rum2]

This would be the Great Canadian Gong Show

rpugsley
      Participant
      Quote:
      “This would be the Great Canadian Gong Show”

You sure you don’t mean ” The great Canadian Bong show” ??

uofregina
      Participant

I mean, The Great Canadian Bong Gong show

Viewing 7 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register