Transport to Fernie from Calgary and up to the mountain

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      scrawny61
      Participant

Hello,

can anyone provide us some information on the best (and cheapest) way to get from Calgary airport to Fernie, if they had an idea of times that would be excellent.

Also, we will be staying in Fernie, what is available as far as transport goes for getting up the mountain.

Thanks,

Andrew

PS. thanks to everyone who helped with the accomodation, you Fernie residents are a very friendly lot!

fq
      Participant

Andrew,

I asked a similar question and got a great response. Have you seen the discussion thread at:

:arrow: [url:3s5t6nd3]http://www.fernie.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=114[/url:3s5t6nd3]

From the looks of it, you can get a shuttle from Calgary to Fernie [u:3s5t6nd3][b:3s5t6nd3]or[/b:3s5t6nd3][/u:3s5t6nd3] if you want the cheapest the Greyhound also runs down there.

Anyway, take a look at the thread to get a feel for whats going on.

Hope you have a great time.

Best regards

Fq

skierguy
      Participant

Cheapest way to get to fernie from calgary would be hitching…. i guess…

As far as from town to the hill, hitching is usually a fairly easy way of getting to the hill… no wait is much longer than 5 min.. or their is a shuttle for a few bucks that goes back and forth all day.

elsie
      Participant

The cheapest shuttle to and from Calgary is available through Mountain Perks – I think it is about $111 return…check their website at mountainperks.ca

The other option is Greyhound but the times of departure etc. are horrible.

scrawny61
      Participant

Hi there thanks for the reply’s.

I have contacted several of the coach company’s. One only does return tickets, which was fine but the return must be used before the 5th of April, and I’m not leaving fernie until the 15th of April. The other times just don’t suit, they will mean a whole day hanging at the airport (actually 16 hours). Does anyone know of a unconventional way of getting to the town of the long white slopes?

Thanks,

A

dansavage
      Participant

as far as travel time goes, I’m up in the far NW of Calgary, right by C.O.P and it takes literally exactly 3 hours to get from Calgary to Fernie….oh but watch out for the cops right before the Crowsnest pass (1hour and 30 mins into the trip, drive around hte speed limit or find a rabbit, and drive like that for the next 30 mins until you hit the stop sign and turn right.)

Viewing 5 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register