Park Place Lodge

things to see- vancouver-fernie via highway 3 ?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      toddo
      Participant

Hi,

I’m going to be driving from vancouver to fernie along highway 3. can anybody tell me the good towns or things to see to stop in and check out on the way and the boring towns to bypass??

cheers!

iceman
      Participant

hey,

all in all it’s a very scenic drive. if you have the time i’d make a stop in the okanagan valley on highway 97 for some fresh fruit and wine and nelson which has a very cool scene. both are a little out of the way but definately worthwhile. other than that the towns are small and nondescript.

enjoy the drive.

toddo
      Participant

cheers. thanks mate

username
      Participant

I’d go the other way. Highway 1

toddo
      Participant
      "username":3lu841ps wrote:
      I’d go the other way. Highway 1[/quote:3lu841ps]

why’s that?? isn’t it a longer drive?

iceman
      Participant

it’s a less treacherous drive if the conditions are bad. the salmo-creston pass is just wicked when snowy,icy and foggy. highway 1 is a larger highway, less twisty. choice is yours.

good luck

toddo
      Participant

ok cool thanks for the advice!

username
      Participant

Highway 1 is longer if you compare mile for mile. But if you compare the amount of small towns where the speed limit goes to 60 km/h , and the amounts of police that hang out around those towns (speed traps) If how trechorus the passes can get in the winter. Then for me #1 is the way.

toddo
      Participant

if i take the highway 1 route, which highway do i get on to come back to fernie?? do you go within close proximity to banff?

how long does this drive take?

cheers

dg
      Participant

Turn at Golden onto 3/93 south i believe.

Viewing 9 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register