Park Place Lodge

Quad/ATV Riders?…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      monster73
      Participant

We are new to town and both my Husband and 5 year old Son have Quads.
      My questions are, where would you consider a safe place for them to go riding? what are(if any)the laws on Quad riding here?
      And do any of you who ride quads with their sons/daughters want to meet up for a ride sometime?
      Thanks in advance.

wildsight
      Participant

You gotta be kidding, “safe”? Safe for a 5 year old is soccer, the playground, the pool, a bicycle, etc…

Educate yourself Monster73 and be responsible. Children under the age of 14 are at great risk on motorized recreation vehicles. Especially quads.

You will meet other motor-heads that share your irresponsible child development philosophies. The sooner you move to Sparwood the better, in the short term – stay off our Fernie hiking and biking trails!

monster73
      Participant

Well ‘Wildsight’ i thought these forums were a place to seek out information? i certainly wasn’t expecting for some narrow minded person to reply to my questions and attack me personally!
      If you must know i, as a mother have not been too happy that my 5 year old son has a “motorized recreation vehicle”, but it was at my “motor-head” husbands request!
      I’m sure you will probably choke on what i am going to say next but…… my son has actually been riding them since he was 3 years old, and very well i might add, only because my husband has taken great care in explaining, and showing him how to ride sensibly, he is fully equipt with Helmet, Gloves, Armour etc.
      But regardless of all the above said, we as a family(along with all the other petrol heads in the world) like what we do!, and please rest assured i wouldn’t dream of spoiling your precious hiking and biking trails in Fernie, this is why i posted my questions on this forum hoping for some ‘helpful replies’, guess that’s what happens when people assume things….Good Day!

timber
      Participant

Wildsight should pull his or her head of his or her’s arse! WOW a militant environmentalist/hippie stink ignorant commie know-it-all!! With a PHD in Child Care and a Masters in ASSHOLE!!! Thats enough for me I am gonna go and fire up my 2-stroke and grass run my sled!!! YEEEE HAW!!!

monster73
      Participant
      "timber" wrote:
      Thats enough for me I am gonna go and fire up my 2-stroke and grass run my sled!!! YEEEE HAW!!!

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kootney_girl
      Participant

Hey Monster, first off welcome to Fernie and i think that it is great that you and your family enjoy the outdoors what ever it may be, their is a great little track in elko about 15 minutes from here. I would like to also add that wildsight may need to unlodge his head from his ass and grow up, stay off my trails wah wah, how old are you? Where are you from wildsight? You need to share, didn’t they teach you that in Kindergarden. Again welcome Monster just know that we are all not as narrow minded as our fine feathered little friend, now if you’ll excuse me i’m gonna go rip it up with my rm 250, giddy up wildsight.

monster73
      Participant

Kootney girl, thank you very much for the welcome!, i was a little worried earlier, thought i might have emigrated to the wrong province!…..Great Outdoors and all that! :roll:
      We will check out the track for quadding at Elko, just need to find some Motorbike riders for the “on-road” riding and we are all set!!
      Go rip it up guys!

kootney_girl
      Participant

You are very welcome Monster enjoy rippin it up, we are very pleased to have you and your family here. You came to the right place.

tmrinas
      Participant
      "wildsight" wrote:
      You gotta be kidding, “safe”? Safe for a 5 year old is soccer, the playground, the pool, a bicycle, etc…

Educate yourself Monster73 and be responsible. Children under the age of 14 are at great risk on motorized recreation vehicles. Especially quads.

You will meet other motor-heads that share your irresponsible child development philosophies. The sooner you move to Sparwood the better, in the short term – stay off our Fernie hiking and biking trails!

Wow I mean are you even close to sociable. Your post was one of the most prejudice and ignorant ones I’ve seen in awhile. There are trails for everyone here. It is one of the reasons people move here. I will agree that quads are not the most environmentally friendly ways to enjoy the wilderness. But everyone has the right to enjoy it in their own way. Without someone attacking them. I run environmentally friendly dogsled tours yet there are people like you that slash my tires and steal my equipment. All because I’m on your trails. Give me a break. Like it was said above grow up.

re
      Participant

wild sight you should change your on line name so you do not put any of the real people who are trying to spread there environmental message in bad light, as in Wild Sight i think?
      People be nice out there :D

gagbandit
      Participant

wildsight – your an …. ( you pick the derogatory adjective – the more nasty the better they would fit! ). Stay off this forum with your vile replies. Forum administrator – can you ban wildsight.

Monster – welcome to Fernie – great trails, hiking, quading, skiiing – the works !

monster73
      Participant
      "gagbandit" wrote:
      wildsight – your an …. ( you pick the derogatory adjective – the more nasty the better they would fit! ). Stay off this forum with your vile replies. Forum administrator – can you ban wildsight.

Monster – welcome to Fernie – great trails, hiking, quading, skiiing – the works !

Hello gagbandit! your welcome is much appreciated.

supermom
      Participant
      "wildsight" wrote:

I think my 7 year old and I will go for a ride up the hiking and biking trails today on our motorbikes. Wildsight, want to run behind and choke on our exhaust???

Viewing 12 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register