Post in fernie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      marcingy
      Participant

Can anyone help me with my question about post in Fernie!! I am going to be living at a rented appartment in Fernie for 6 months from the end of October – I have the address available to me and its up in the Ridgemont part of town. My question is two fold – one do I use general delivery at the post offie or use the rural route adddress provided on canada posts website. And secondly is post on a rural route actually delivered or do it still need to be collected from the post office.

Marc

gavitron
      Participant

Hello,
      You’re going to want to use the rural route address. Your landlord may already have the key for the box, or perhaps you’ll have to go to the post office and get it, I’d ask my landlord before doing anything. And the mail gets somewhat delivered. It won’t come to your door, but there will be a set of mail boxes somewhere close to your building. Hope you enjoy Fernie!!!

Gav

marcingy
      Participant

Thanks for that

What proof do I need to present in the Post Office to pick up the key? I am assuming my lease and my passport?

Marc

huckin eh
      Participant

Only your Landlord can give you the key If he/she already has a box on the street. If He does not have one or does not want to give it to you, then you will have to go to the post office and get a box there. I don’t know what ID you need if any to get a P.O. box.

marcingy
      Participant

Thanks I’ll give the post office in Fernie a ring and find out what I need to do later.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register