Park Place Lodge

paragliding in Fernie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      arlow
      Participant

Coming to Fernie this winter to do a winter season and just wondered if many people paraglide in Fernie.

If anyone has any info or any possible contacts, then I’d be extremely grateful indeed.

Ta very much.

yeti
      Participant

hello arlow,

check your pms

arlow
      Participant

A-up Yeti,
      What’s my “PMS”?

That’s Pre-menstrual Stress to me, although can’t say I’ve ever had it. I’ve got the other ‘bits’.

Cheers.

PS Has anyone ever seen any paragliders flying around Fernie? I suppose that’d be a start…

sparkes
      Participant

arlow
      Participant

Cheers Sparkes. Yeti had left me a useful message. There’s hope for me yet… :roll:

alba
      Participant

A van with paragliding stickers and logos all over the sides has been parked outside of the Snow Valley Motel for the past few weeks. My guess that whoever owns that van is a keen paraglider, and is staying at the Motel…

savage

I am not a glider however friends of mine are. Generally they comment that the winds are better for handgliding however they do parapent from the Microwave tower launch, BEar Chutes and Burton Lake in Elko.

If you want to contact them let me know!

huckin eh
      Participant

Last week I could see someone paragliding down into Ridgemont park from my window every afternoon!

Viewing 7 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register