Park Place Lodge

Mogul Smoker 17 Dec 2005

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      marko
      Participant

The Mogul Smoker is being held this year on 17 Dec. Tickets are available at The Royal Hotel at a cost of $15(which includes transport, lots of beer and mogul smoker, entertainment). A diverse range of music is booked (punk, rock, DJ’s – House, Jungle, Drum n Base, Reggae). More info will be out shortly around town and on the website http://www.mogulsmoker.ca :shock:

lizardrider
      Participant

Isn’t the mogul smoker meant to be a gift to The Griz, not to make some cash for the royal and for fernie brewing?

Plan for getting on your knees and praying for snow, throw some skis on the bonfire and drink mogul smokers, not bad draft beer. That will bring snow and that only.

West Fernie sleeper cell……lets take this to a higher level…..anyone have a bonfire pit?!

marko
      Participant

To everyone out there with negative opinions of the 2005 mogul smoker, please read the following. (For all of those people who have been hugely supportive and excited about the upcoming mogul smoker, thank you very much and I promise you all an awesome time).

The mogul smoker has always been a good party, but I would love to see it be a great one.

You cannot have bands and djs and sound equipment without some sort of funding. I can’t remember a mogul smoker that has had good music that suited all tastes (and I can’t remember a mogul smoker that didn’t have beer, and I don’t remember a mogul smoker drink that actually was drinkable).

There will be over 15 bands and dj’s at this years mogul smoker and I would love to pay them what they’re worth. There are also people in charge of lighting and visuals who I feel deserve some sort of compensation for their art.

I believe in supporting local businesses as much as possible, and most of the businesses have been hugely supportive of this event, not for the money, just so that people can see how much fun Fernie can be. The Royal Hotel have put in alot of work helping us organise the event. They are doing all the ticket sales and coordinating transport on the night. All this work is being done free of charge, and we thank them immensely.

This years location for the mogul smoker is a template for future mogul smokers, because if all goes well, next years mogul smoker will be bigger and better. All of the proceeds of this years mogul smoker are going towards the musicians, visual artisits, graphic designers, helpers, local businesses and IF there is any money left over, a good portion will go towards a charity that will be posted on the mogul smoker website after the party (we don’t want to get them excited until we know for sure that there will be any money left over – http://www.mogulsmoker.ca)

The organizers of this event are not doing it to make money, they just want to cover the huge expense that this type of party generates.

It’s great to see that a little garage door can generate so much response. Please, bring on the comments…

For those of you who are in for a good party, please buy your tickets as soon as you can afford them so that we have enough beer (and mogul smoker drink) for everyone. If we need any help, we’ll post it on the website….

Cheers.
      Jenn & Mark

moke
      Participant

right on

but the mogul smoker drink should be key

Viewing 3 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register