Park Place Lodge

Getting jobs during the season

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      funkmunkey
      Participant

Hi guys

I was wondering how hard it is normally to get a job with the lift company midway through the season at Fernie – I am at Whistler at the moment, but I’d like to move to Fernie mid season to get to a cruisier snow town.
      I have experience as a lifty, and’ll have my level 1 snowboarding cert. by the time I move.

savage

Depends what you mean by “midway”.
      Usually the resort hires more people than they need and do some shuffling January-ish.
      There’s no guarantee that you’ll get hired as a liftee but there will likely be an opening for dishwasher, other service, etc somewhere in town.
      Good luck!

username
      Participant

If by lift company you mean Fernie Alpine Resort. And if you mean a job as a lifty. And if by midway you mean like Febuary. Then the chances of becoming a lifty midway are good. The turn over rate for lifties last year was over 55%. Most get fired but a few quit or get promoted. So in about Febuary they are usually looking for people but they usually call the people that applied but didn’t get the job in December.You know …their “second choice” It wouldn’t hurt to put the buzz in the Lift Supervisors ear now.

toddo
      Participant

what are the chances of getting work around the start of december??

i don’t care what i do and it doesn’t have to be with FAR, although the free lift ticket is a nice incentive to try and get a job with them!

cheers!

sparkes
      Participant

funkmunkey
      Participant

Thanks guys, that helps. If the job isn’t with the mountain, though, is it likley to involve a lift pass, or at least a discount on it?

sparkes
      Participant

beenestamarlee
      Participant

Seeing that you are from Whistler i guess you’re thinking of an Ambassador pass or whatever they’re calling it these days; there’s no such thing in Fernie unfortunately. Lizard Creek Lodge gave their employees a mid-week pass once upon a time, but i don’t believe they do anymore. You could definitely inquire.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register