FAR Expansion

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      czar from afar
      Participant

Does anyone have any insights on the plausibility of expansion at FAR.

I understand that Island Lake and FAR both have applications in for development of Fish Bowl and environs, and, separately, that a 3-way swap was being considered for land owned by FAR, IL and the Provincial park. I also understand that FAR is looking at expansion options at the South end.

Trouble is, I have heard these rumours for a while, but nothing seems to be coming together. More recently, I heard that Island Lake has some provisional plans, including lifts. I don’t know if this means that FAR plans are now scuttled.

Does anyone out there have insights on these subjects?

czar from afar
      Participant

Anyone?

tmrinas
      Participant

ISLAND LAKE is expanding big time. That’s a go. FAR only takes from Fernie they don’t add to it. (But they put new lifts in) (paid for by Inhams Tours from the UK) FAR put in for tenure on the land along Lizard Creek and back to the existing resort. (the original ski hill area, not Snow Valley area) I hope they don’t get it. That area is great for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and dogsledding. It is all Galoway Lumber land right now. Even though FAR plows the entrance in so that in the winter nobody can use it. (old rod and gun club area)

Viewing 2 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register