Park Place Lodge

Distance from Golden and what to do along the way

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jeff p-yo
      Participant

So, my friends and I just booked our flight to Calgary for the middle of February. We’re gonna spend a week in the mountains going to 2 or 3 different resorts. The plan as of right now is to head to Kicking Horse for 2 or 3 days of riding then head down to Fernie for another few days. My understanding is that the distance between Golden and Fernie is something like 350km or 4 hours. Is this a good estimate of the distance and amount of time it would take(depending on the roads of course) to get to Fernie? Also, besides the Radium Hot Springs, is there anything else along the way that may be of interest to us?

ps- I’m so stoked to be headed back to Fernie again this year. I had a blast during the 2 months I was there last season. Can’t wait to show my friends your mountain!! :D

jeff p-yo
      Participant

anyone???

:(

elsie
      Participant

Hi …you are correct on the distance, give or take snow conditions. Don’t attempt that highway unless it’s good weather. I was stuck travelling to Golden on #95 in a snowstorm and it was scary.

On the way, there is not much other than Radium, except for Panorama…bit more of a family scene than Golden or Fernie, I have heard.

Good luck on your travels! :wink:

Viewing 2 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register