Park Place Lodge

Comment on Fernie worth sharing…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      savage

Hey Dan – Made it back from Fernie and we had a really great time. A bit on the cold side but the snow was in good shape. Thanks very much for the tips, they came in handy. Meals at Blue Toque, Yamagoya and El Guapo were all outstanding. Both Yamagoya and El Guapo blew away respective Japanese and Mexican offerings in Toronto. In fact Yamagoya was best Japanese I’ve ever had anywhere. Made it to Brickhouse for a few pints but usually stayed up at the mountain close to home base because it was so damn cold at night. Really love it at Fernie. Great mountain and very good people from staff to fellow skiers, everyone was super friendly.

Cheers, Pat

savage

Glad to hear you had a blast in Fernie! They’re having a really great season so far. I salivate thinking about that roll at Yamagoya with the spicy steak, that place is amazingly good. I was really blown away by the classic vibe at Fernie. The mountain is full of wonky fall lines that make even the cruisers more fun than they should be. Also it was nice to be out west and not get eye rolls for being from Toronto. Everyone was super nice and just seemed to be happy that we weren’t from Calgary.
      Cheers,
      Pat

Viewing 1 reply thread
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register