Park Place Lodge

CBM Meeting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tmrinas
      Participant

Ok I was just at the meeting tonight and I have to ask. Why did nobody ask the BP VP sitting in the crowd to speak? Also where was our local RDEK member? Drilling for methane is one thing but what people also need to recognize is the detrimental social problems that will come with the project. This town will change and not for the best. More money more problems and piss tanks with attitudes.
      What ever happened to the Nature Conservancy of Canada?
      There are so many areas in or near the proposed Mist Mountain area that have nature conservancy signs at the start of the trails but do these signs mean anything? Are they non motorized trails? or has the Nature Conservancy just vanished?
      How is this Mist Mountain proposal going to affect our recreational areas? What is going to happen to all the amazing trails from Corbin to Ram Creek? Is the Wigwam in danger now as well? The only right decision is for the RDEK and the City of Fernie to not support this project and to withhold support of anything less than a Wilderness and Rereation Conservation area for everything From Waterton to Coal Creek and Coal Creek to Grasmere. Fernie and area needs to make this decision: Do we want to be a world tourism destination known for our amazing nature, wilderness and recreation opportunities or do we want to be known as a World Methane producer known for our seedy motels and bar fights. I’m asking our council and RDEK to pick which lifestyle is the one they want to raise their children in???????????????

moke
      Participant

here here

dont let those bugggers rape our wilderness, i like all those guys who did not support the flathead park, but now will not be able to use that area anyways, because it will be all oil and gas, and coal mines,

call bill bennett not that it will do any good because he does not listen to his constituents anyways, unless you are a huge mining company that contributes massively to the liberal party…

call and voice your opposition!!

edwin
      Participant

i guess NEXT TIME (if there is one) go up to the free mic and point out the BP guest and ask him/her a direct question and watch them crawl under their chair or crawl up to the mic to answer! maybe you were the only person to notice this individual was there…MAKE it known to ALL!

bill bennett, useless….and he gets paid to be such a coward as well! wouldnt that be a friggin plush job. sit at home and watch tv while we fight for our lives and the lives of those furry creatures who cant fight. but for some stoooopid reason this area keeps voting for him!? wtf.

lets allll rock the Farewell to BP party on SATURDAY!

re
      Participant

I just read a great book, STUPID TILL THE LAST DROP, this is all about the oil and gas industry in Alberta and how it is a very scary place and how are friends next door are fight to protect there lands, is a very good read , if you read this book you will want to react and do something,

Viewing 3 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register