Cat Owners Beware

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      kootney_girl
      Participant

If you have to take your cat, or any other pet for that matter to the vet, please go to STEEPLES Vet Clinic in cranbrook, they will receive, above and beyond care, compared to the care that you will receive in Fernie. We have been to both clinics now and their is no camparison. In order to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment, an extra hour of driving is priceless.

kootney_girl
      Participant

Well, an update on our beloved cat “Ruby”, he is fighting for his life in Cranbrook, at Steeples Vet Clinic, after the poor care he received in Fernie,I am absolutly sickened that the care he received in Fernie or should I say lack there of, my poor cat is on deaths door with kidney failure. We should have listened to all the rumors and took him to Cranbrook first. I will know tomorrow if my cat lives or if we will have to have him put down. The care he is receiving at Steeples is above and beyond, they deserve to be called Vets, never, ever again will I step foot in the Fernie vet clinic, to dish out thick cash for half assed care, for 5 hours of I don’t know what, when we can go to Steeples and get 5 days of the proper care for the same money. I am beyond upset, I am disgusted.

spicky
      Participant

The “vet” here is town is good for nothing, except to sap your bank account. If you’re a pet owner and don’t know that yet, you’ll know as soon as you have an animal that needs help and make the mistake of choosing to go see him.
      This has been written on this forum before and any of the disturbing and heartbreaking rumours people in this valley hear about him are all to be taken seriously. For those that find Steeples/Cranbrook too far to drive, Dr. Skoberg formerly of Steeples has a travelling vet service now called Home Call. Wonderful, caring lady.

adventuresource
      Participant

I have experienced the lack of care at the vet’s here first hand with both cats and dogs. I have gone to Steeples and the Bellvue Vet Clinic and have chosen our vet Christine in Bellvue, I think she is fabulous and the care we get from her is over the top. I don’t think Martin (fernie vet) even likes animals and when ever we sell a puppy I always make sure the new owners go to the pass, Cranbrook or use Diane Skoberg. I hope your cat is alright, I know an hour is a long time in an emergency but it is well worth it no matter which direction you head!

sparkes
      Participant

kootney_girl
      Participant

Ruby is in the clinic for another 5 days, being monitored and having his blood tested frequently. He is slowly improving but is still not eating which means he is still not out of the woods. We continue to get update phone calls from the concerned vets at Steeples. They refuse to send the cat home until the problem is solved which we appreciate greatly. Not to mention their fair prices, they offered us a chance to make payments instead of paying all at once. These are the Vets you need to deal with. like i said it is well worth the drive.

kootney_girl
      Participant

After his 6 day stay at steeples clinic we brought Ruby home today. His blood tests are normal and he is on the road to being his crazy self again. Many thanks to the whole staff at steeples they are truly amazing.

savage

Glad to hear that Ruby is doing well!

I have two cats, Barnie and Mousie, and the local vet has taken great care of them.

Being outdoor/indoor cats they regularly have wounds from various encounters and the local vet has on several occasions saved them from possible death.

We are lucky to have a vet and your comments could bear a negative consequence for us all.

Love everyone as you love your Ruby!

jules
      Participant

I have to agree with the last post..
      nobody deserves to have their business or person slandered. ” Those in glass houses……”

Posting negitive comments about other people or their business in a public form is just plain mean.

I am sorry you had a bad experience but I know others who have had positive ones as well, including myself.

tmrinas
      Participant

Ok lets not base it on the vets care of animals. Lets base it just on cost.
      I will drive to the Crowsnest anyday for my animals. It is at least 25% cheaper there and when I purchase meds they are 50% cheaper.

Christine is a vet that my animals want to see. When I drive up and they see the office they are excited. If you just have one or two animals I guess the price is meaningless. But I have 31 dogs and price and skills matter to me.

kootney_girl
      Participant

FYI this is not the first time i have taken a family member to Dr Hart, and this is not the first time something has gone wrong. As you can read that i am not the only one in town that has had negative experiences here, i am not causing trouble i am only putting the facts out there and peoples can draw there own conclusions. All i am saying is that i will drive the hour to receive the care my animals deserve, and not have my bank account cleaned out.

supermom
      Participant

I have something to add to this. I would most certainly be careful what you say about people, you never know when you will need them!
      I am one of those people who will only take their pet to Steeples. I was seeing Dr. Skoberg for years, but now she comes to me. However, two weeks ago, my cat was hit by a car right in front of me. The first thing I did was to call Dr. Haart. I did not want to be driving an hour with a cat who might not make it! Times like these I am certainly glad to have a local vet who is only 1 minute away and not an hour. When you slander a person though they may not help you in times of emergencies. Dr. Haart assured me my cat was stable and we started the long term care. Thankfully he was there that day. I can’t imagine the panic of trying to drive and an hour while worrying about my baby. Might be something to think about!

kootney_girl
      Participant

I would like to extend an apology to Dr. Hart for writing a post on this site out of emotion and frustration. Their was a misunderstanding on both parts. The fact of the matter is Dr.Hart had to leave town the very next day and i am sure that he would have given my cat the proper care and attention that he needed, it was all a rush thing, the panic of my cats condition and the timing of it all. So i apologize for any trouble that i caused by writing out of emotion, my cat did receive excellent care at Steeples, but i am sure that is the timing was different he would have received good care at Dr. Harts Vet clinic.

kootney_girl
      Participant

I would like to extend an apology to Dr. Hart for writing a post on this site out of emotion and frustration. Their was a misunderstanding on both parts. The fact of the matter is Dr.Hart had to leave town the very next day and i am sure that he would have given my cat the proper care and attention that he needed, it was all a rush thing, the panic of my cats condition and the timing of it all. So i apologize for any trouble that i caused by writing out of emotion, my cat did receive excellent care at Steeples, but i am sure that is the timing was different he would have received good care at Dr. Harts Vet clinic.

re
      Participant

that god this pussy talk is over :shock:

Viewing 14 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register