Park Place Lodge

Albertians have gone home

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      snowvalley
      Participant

Ah, the Albertians have gone home and life in Fernie will return to normal.

January will be a great month to ski!

moke
      Participant

damn, i hope they havnt taken their money with them…

telegod
      Participant

Seriously? You want "normal" in Fernie? Only those born here can request that, at best. Give it a rest on the Albertans. Everyone has the right to play in the mountains. I’m tired of this kind of attitude in Fernie.

admin
      Keymaster

Normal in Fernie is a quiet town, no lineups, no traffic?¢‚Ǩ‚ÄùZen like.

I prefer normal tourist flows as opposed to holiday flows, as do most locals.

You are full of attitude telegod, give yourself a rest :lol:

jenna-arcade
      Participant

local schmocal who cares. fernie rules.

arlene
      Participant

snow valley wrote :
      > Ah, the Albertians have gone home and life in Fernie will return to normal.
      >
      >
      > January will be a great month to ski!
      Prejudice is brutally ugly. Those of us who have invested in Fernie want a future full of hope for ouselves and our families. Nasty namecalling does not fit in with this vision. All are welcome here. There is no place for the cancer of negativity in our Fernie. Prejudice is neither cute nor even attractive. Enjoy our beautiful moutains in peace and joy.

admin
      Keymaster

Talk about investments, money, spending, materials, fast SUV’s, nice shoes, new clothes and no crowds or line ups, …ah, the attributes that we will be without for a few quiet months. Enjoy!

arlene
      Participant

Investments in the future are hope. Hope that we can live in a world free of bitterness and prejudice. Joy does not come from the vehicle we drive, or the shoes we wear. Prejudice and stereotypes are a poison. Insulting comments about any other group drag our community down. I repeat, those who have invested in Fernie would like to see a bright future for ourselves and our children. The investment is the heart.

mtnrat
      Participant

I get a little disappointed when the Albertans go home. I miss the can do positive attitude. The attitude that looks for a solution, a way to get things done, rather than look for excuses and reasons to not do, or not even try. A good number of Fernieites have this same positive attitude, unfortunately they are shouted down by what I believe is a loud and fear creating minority. A minority that creates false reasons for what may ill our town. Thus others becomes the scapegoat for what the town will not do.
      Luckily we have a summer season that the Albertans have really begun to embrace. Our mountain biking is attracting those who own ski homes and condos. Those who without the bike trails would never visit except in winter. Ask some of the businesses in town. Many would not exist without the extra customers. Businesses providing goods and services that we would not get otherwise.
      :) :) :)

edwin
      Participant

i cant wait….
      till the ontarians and the austrailians and the brits and the quecbecers and the …. etc
      go home then the town will be……..cultureless?

Viewing 9 reply threads
Not logged in?

Sign in or register for free to post a reply.

Sign In or Register