young_local
Participant
"slacklocal" wrote:
without the pressures from Wildsight and UNESCO they would be mining there right now.

Come on now, you know that is untrue. You can’t possibly believe that without Wildsight and UNESCO there would be mining there right now.. Wildsight was NOT around twenty years ago, when the older generations of LOCALS were out enjoying the Flathead, like many of us younger guys like to do now.. Guess what? There was the same amount of methane/oil/gas/coal there then, and there wasn’t mining.. What did Wildsight change? Wildsight did some good things, yes, it brought some awareness to this part of the country/province that maybe the big shots in Vancouver would never have found out about.. But does everything have to be so uber-slanted "tree-hugging" (for lack of a better word) b.s that turns the average every day guy into an evil, o-zone killing, nature-hating bastard? Enough with the fear mongering. Why doesn’t Wildsight attack Tembec Inc. for the logging the are doing/have done in that valley?

By the way, I am still on the fence about the flathead park issue.. as I grew up hunting, fishing, camping, and enjoying the flathead. I would hate to see it turn into a park, as it would bring more tourists and more development then any of you think (take a look at glacier, the road to the sun, etc… these places never used to be paved, with rest stops every 5km which include permanent bathroom facilites and many other concrete buildings and other un-natural objects.) As of right now, the Flathead is more natural then it would be if it were turned into a park… Why can’t we have no park & no mines? Bill has kept that so far, lets have some faith in him.