Spa 901 Fernie has been chosen as one of “Top 25 Spas in Canada” at the 2016 Canadian Spa and Wellness Awards.
The spa was listed alongside some of the most esteemed spas across the country. Owners, Jessica Riley Laura Oleksow were quited saying, “We are so proud of our team for achieving this award and very grateful for our amazing clients, who’s smiles and relaxed faces consistently light up our day! We are so proud to be able to promote wellness within our beautiful town of Fernie!”
Spa 901 Fernie is the flagship amenity of the Kootenay region. Opened in March of 2012, Spa 901 was designed by Karen Vonkeman, the same spa design consultant that teamed with 901 Fernie’s architect on the Banff Springs Spa, “Solace”. Originally built in 1908, Fernie’s historic schoolhouse was transformed by Parastone Developments as part of a $30 million residential project. With 6600 sq feet of space, Spa 901 is the only commercial space in the centrally located development of 44 high-end residential units.
Since opening, Spa 901 has been a unique addition to Fernie; opening the doors to destination spa seekers from across Canada and various parts of the world. Spa 901 adds a unique experience to Fernie’s growing tourism industry and also has the exclusive ability to accommodate for large group bookings, which has proven to be a popular option for the “weekend warriors” that frequent this growing resort town.
On March 2nd of 2015, ownership of Spa 901 was transferred to Laura Oleksow and Jessica Riley, two employees of Spa 901. With years of industry and management experience, in addition to a passion and drive for success, the two owners continue to grow Spa 901 in a positive and unique direction. Spa 901 is proud to be locally owned and operated.
The Canadian Spa Industry is shaped by hardworking, service-oriented business people with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit and the Canadian Spa and Wellness Awards recognizes these spas.
This award was presented by Spa Inc, in partnership with the Spa Industry Association of Canada (SIAC) and was determined by an expert panel of judges. It signifies commitment to providing superior quality and the highest standard of care within Canada’s spa and wellness industry.
Here are the criteria to be recognized as a Top Spa in Canada:
• Maintains a consistently high standard of luxury, service and quality where indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures are priority in addition to those necessary for a reasonable standard of well being
• Believes in the precepts of spa wellness and shares these philosophies with guests
• Offers spa programs and menus designed to encourage health enhancing activities and wellness
• Demonstrates professional client management and business management
• Demonstrates practice and promotion of the highest standard of quality and spa safety
• All specialized/professional team members comply with local, provincial and federal regulations with regard to licensing, registration and appropriate accreditation or certification and only provide services in their area of the accreditation or certification
• Demonstrates a commitment to providing education, training and professional development opportunities for all team members
• Supports the ongoing improvement of quality and professional spa services offered to the public
• Demonstrates a commitment to sustainable and environmentally safe practices
• Provides a sanctuary away from everyday life for the mind, body and spirit