The 2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards were held last night at a special awards gala at the Rusty Edge attended by over 100 people from the Fernie business community. Trophies were given out over twelve categories in a fun-filled night that was the first awards gala to return to a pre-pandemic format.
The Fernie Chamber of Commerce would like to thank everyone who nominated, all the nominees, the finalists, and the winners. A special thank you to TC Energy & Surerus Murphy Joint Ventures who were the title sponsors, as well as all the other sponsors who made the event possible.
Here is the list of winners for the 2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards:
1. Citizen of the Year • Pat Gilmar
2. Community Group of the Year • Fernie Women’s Resource Centre
3. New Business of the Year • Drift & Sonder Lifestyle Shop and Refillery
4. Community Tourism Achievement • Wapiti Music Festival Society
5. Employer of the Year • Gearhub Sports
6. Environmental Sustainability Award • Fernie Fox Hotel
7. Businessperson of the Year • Kurt Saari (Nevados Restaurant)
8. Outstanding Customer Service Award • Spa 901
9. Business Innovation Award • Fernie Brewing Co.
10. Chamber Business Legacy Award • Fernie Meat Market
11. Fernie Business of the Year • Rocky Mountain Chocolate
12. People’s Choice Award • OrganicTan Fernie
Congratulations to the award winners!