Living in Fernie has many advantages and having world class cycling events finish in town has become the norm. On August 26th, 2021, the Transrockies newest event, the Gravel Royale, will roll into Fernie following a journey deep into the Canadian Rockies on some of the world’s most scenic and remote gravel roads!
The Transrockies is not new to Fernie, their events have been mainstay here since 2002 when the inaugural TransRockies Classic started on 2nd Avenue. The Transrockies first-ever gravel race features a route spread out over 4 stages, 375km and climbs a total of 7000m. The event takes place on ancestral lands of the Ktunaxa First Nation, whose people have occupied the lands surrounding the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers for more than 10,000 years.
Along the way, racers will be welcomed by four beautiful and unique Rocky Mountain communities: Panorama Mountain Resort, Nipika Mountain Resort, Canal Flats and Fernie. After a long day in the saddle, they’re the perfect places to relax, tell stories, talk strategy and forge lasting friendships.
In case racing all 4 stages isn’t for you, they’re offering a 2-day Ante Up Experience, a 3-day E-Bike Poker Ride and the Fair Deal Family Mountain Bike Challenge on Stage 2, at Nipika Mountain Resort.
Registration opens Monday, September 21, 2020 and is capped at 300 racers. Early-bird discounts are available for the first 50 racers to register and half of all early bird spots are reserved for women!
TransRockies Gravel Royale
Registration Opens: Monday, September 21, 2020 – 9 AM MDT
Event Dates: August 23-26, 2021
• 4-day camping based stage race from Panorama to Fernie, BC
• Other stage host locations: Nipika Mountain Resort, Canal Flats
• 375km over 4 days with 7,000m of climbing
• Fully supported camps – shower trucks, catered meals, tent and luggage transport, daily awards etc.
• Gravel bike specific route with 84% gravel roads
• 2-day option, and 3-day e-bike poker ride
• World famous TransRockies organization, logistics and support
• 300 spots available