Fernie 3 registration is open!
The Fernie returns in 2016 as a 3 day all-mountain stage race with a 1 day race option. New for 2016 we will be offering a timed descent each day–with stage and overall winners!
The Fernie 3 will cater to new and old riders, and gnarled veterans alike, with focus on fun and the best singletrack stages ever, followed by classic Fernie hospitality.
Distances each day moderate with an average of 32 km per day. The climbs will be challenging with the goal of providing you with the best singletrack anywhere with epic downhills.
The popular 1 day category is returning again for riders looking for an easier commitment with all the perks.
3 Day: July 1 – July 3
1 Day: July 1
Early bird: September 8 to November 1, 2015 – $349
Winter: November 2 to February 29, 2016 – $399
Spring: March 1 to June 30, 2016 – $449
* Fees do not include processing
Fernie 3 Package Details:
We are focused on your riding experience by providing the highest percentage of singletrack of any stage race combined with the best value. The Fernie 3 comes with the support of Fernie’s great eateries, lodging, and a vibrant downtown—ready to offer you plenty of comfort and convenience at the end of a great ride.
Every participant receives the following:
• Endless singletrack on trails built by mountain bikers for mountain biking
• A superior designed course that is professionally marked
• A Fernie 3 race jersey
• A Fernie 3 freeride jersey
• Professional timing
• Fernie Hospitality
Support on course:
• Aid Stations each day supported by Hammer Nutrition
• Course Marshals to keep you on course
• A professional Medical Team ready to respond
• Communication and Safety plans
Support off course:
• Teck support by Rocky Mountain Bikes & Gearhub Sports
• Daily Finish Line refreshments and snacks from local businesses
• Medical Support
• Bike Wash/lube Station
• Friendly Fernie crew to look after you
• Day 1 Awards presentation at the Finish Line
• Day 2 Awards presentation at the Finish Line
• Final Awards Celebration and Banquet
• Local accommodation partners are offering preferred rates to participants. These partners are guaranteed mountain bike friendly!
Sanctioning and Insurance:
This event is sanctioned and insured with Cycling BC. To compete in the Fernie 3 riders must have a valid race license or purchase a $10 event license at Fernie 3 registration. Out of country riders must have proof of Travel Health Insurance.
Cancellations, Deferrals and Substitutions:
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can prevent you from participating. While we can’t refund your entry fee, we offer a one-time deferral of registration to the following event year. We do allow substitutions subject to a $25 administration fee.
Deferrals and Substitutions requests must be submitted in writing prior to the event.
For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org