Water Talk

Home Forum Water Talk

• Upper Lower Elk River

Promised some boys from Canmore for an update on the Upper Lower section of the Elk River....so here it is. UPPER LOWER ELK RIVER: Scouted the Upper Lower on Friday March 14th. The river is NOT runnable. There is an ice sheet at the ... Read More

Started by:  south country | Voices: 1 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 3 years, 7 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: south country

Hosmer Put in/Fernie Take out??

New to the area, not new to paddling. I had a scouting mission along the Hosmer area and am curious if it is possible/safe to put in at the Elk Valley Provincial park day use area (just a few kilometres East of Hosmer) and float towards ... Read More

Started by:  dhmac | Voices: 2 | Posts: 3 | Freshness: 3 years, 8 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: dhmac

kayak wanted

I am looking for a kayak, not to fussy about the shape or size or condition, I don't need a paddle or a skirt. I just need a kayak call me if you have old kayak that you think nobody wants, I will pay a fair price just looking for ... Read More

Started by:  doran | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 3 years, 8 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: doran

Elk River 100-Step Put-in….where?

A few years ago, I went whitewater rafting and kayaking at different times with an outfitter on the Elk River. I am trying to find and determine where that Elk River put-in is, I know it is somewhere not far from Fernie Elko area and it ... Read More

Started by:  staufway | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 4 years, 4 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: staufway

Lower Elk River Level May 13 = 3.3m

Paddled the Lower Elk this morning. The water level was 3.3m on the guage at the bottom of Philips Canyon. The online guage is reading low by 0.2 to 0.3m. Huge Surf waves and lots of fun.  Two giant surf waves at the bottom of ... Read More

Started by:  south country | Voices: 1 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 4 years, 5 months ago

Recent Activity

Wigwam Wood Hazards

Paddled the Wig May 31----Medium Level   There is some new wood that you should be made aware of:   1) There is a large mostly submerged log stuck in Pin Ball (corner downstream of the Entry Drop)  You can not see the log from ... Read More

Started by:  south country | Voices: 1 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 4 years, 5 months ago

Recent Activity

Wigwam Level May 14 = Very High

Hikied into the wigwam today and walked at water level from the Entry Drop to Cannabis Corner. The Wig is in full flood.......very big water and lots of  ... Read More

Started by:  south country | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 4 years, 6 months ago

Recent Activity

New Paddler to Fernie

Hey guys! I just moved to Fernie yesterday and I am stoked to take advantage of the amazing white water here! I am a solid novice kayaker with a 75% chance roll (still need some practice) but I have experience paddling class III+ rivers ... Read More

Started by:  Julia MacGillivray | Voices: 2 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 4 years, 6 months ago

Recent Activity

Current snow survey and water supply bulletin

Please find below the March 1 snow survey by the BC River Forecast Centre. Data from 136 snow courses and 53 snow pillows around the province and out-of-province sampling locations, and climate data from Environment Canada, have been ... Read More

Started by:  rudy-admin | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 4 years, 8 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: rudy-admin

Lost at Stanford inn launch/take out

I lost my dog brush- sounds silly- but it's the best one I have ever had and they really miss it! It's Black shaped like a tee with metal "combs". Please call/text me if you have found it I'd be most grateful to have it back. ... Read More

Started by:  gumbootgal | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 5 years, 1 month ago

Recent Activity
    by: gumbootgal

Lower Elk Water Levels

Does anyone know if the Gov't of BC webpage for water levels on the Elk River have any correlation to the Lower Elk landslide drop bridge gauge? As an example what would be the cms equivalent for 2m on the bridge ... Read More

Started by:  sfb330 | Voices: 2 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 5 years, 5 months ago

Recent Activity
    by: savage

Park N Play

Hey East Kootenay boaters. My family and I are checking out communities to relocate to and settle down (it's gotta happen at some point)... Anyways more kayaking related, I am 10+ year kayaker that went from paddling class 3+-4 currently ... Read More

Started by:  highbrace | Voices: 3 | Posts: 6 | Freshness: 5 years, 7 months ago

Recent Activity

River Access issue

This month the City of Calgary, CP Rail, Inland Cement and TransAlta are working together to close the river access to the Bow River below the Bearspaw. I want to thank Edmond Duggan, the Alberta Whitewater Association Recreation Director ... Read More

Started by:  savage | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 6 years ago

Recent Activity

Cherry Bomb George

This is one narrow ... Read More

Started by:  savage | Voices: 1 | Posts: 1 | Freshness: 6 years ago

Recent Activity

Upper-Lower Elk Hazard

The Dam Guys jacked the level up on the Upper Lower this morning. The level was 0.9m on the put in guage at the pump house. A lot of large dangeous sweepers have been deposited throughout the run. This morning the only safe line on the ... Read More

Started by:  south country | Voices: 2 | Posts: 2 | Freshness: 6 years, 1 month ago

Recent Activity

You must be logged in to create new topics.