This weekend, the members of Canadian Ladies World Cup Ski Team have selected Fernie for a mountain biking camp. To the Ladies, Fernie is known for the great snow and now, the epic mountain biking- or as they say “Moab North”. Erin Mielzynski participated in Vancouver 2010, had victories on the World Cup Ski circuit (Schladming March World Cup Finals) and with her team mates are dedicating themselves to Sochi ( they had test events in Sochi in February 2012). The athletes are from Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.
They are being guided down Swine Flu, Happy Cow, and other trails with their Team physiotherapist, Jennifer Delich. Special thanks to Ian Shopland of Straightline in assisting with their gear and bikes. Seen below the City of Fernie welcomes the Ladies team.
- Cernigoj Resigns from Ladies Team
- Fernie Freeride Team Shows Results
- Men’s Alpine Ski Team to Resume On-snow Training
- Canadian Team Announced for Opener
- Largest Canadian Team Ever for World Finals
- Hugo Harrison Joins Kästle Pro Team
- Fernie Search Team Considers Pulling Plug
- Halfpipe Team Poised for Strong Season
- Catskiing tours for Families and Ladies – Only
- Columbia to Sponsor Tour de France Team