Fernie Alpine Resort has made a number of enhancements to its Legendary Bike Park for this upcoming summer season including:
• Lower Mountain upgrades and reroutes to Lower Canada Cup, Deer Trail, Double Creek, and Top Gun to accommodate the Aerials Park. Current plans mean these trails will actually grow in length, see berms and rollers added to the flat ski run sections on the lower mountain and a large bridge rebuild. Deer trail riders will now have opportunity to ride through open alpine flower meadows on their way to base.
• TNT below the White Pass load has received a reroute into the trees as alternative to steep shale slope on Deep Sea
New upper section to Ben’s Big Rig which doubled its length. All riders now have option to ride single track instead of access road
• New Cedar Trail single-track provides beginner riders with single-track option that meanders through old growth cedar forest before rejoining existing Cedar Trail road
• Phat Larry’s, new bridges and short re-route sections
• Boom, Cedar, Larch, View, Gorbie, Hobbits now available for hiking traffic from the Elk Chair to base
• New Peak to Park hiking options (can hike from Polar Peak to Fernie Provincial Park).
• New dates for Fernie Alpine Resort Bike Festival and Lungbuster as well as Furious 3 and Trans Rockies utilizing FAR Bike Park this season (keep an eye on Facebook Events listings for details)
•New Skills Park Features
•Dog friendly zone on Silk and Manchuria Trails
•Continuing to work on resurfacing trails and technical terrain feature upgrades.
Along with Mountain Biking Fernie Alpine Resort Legendary Summer also includes activities such as the NEW Aerial Park & Zipline, Hiking, Mountain Top Lunch, Sightseeing, Tennis and more! Visit Fernie for its Preview Weekend on June 23/24 – Official Opening Date is Friday June 29th!
- Summer Mountain Biking at Fernie Alpine Resort
- Fernie Alpine Resort Kicks off Summer
- Fernie Alpine Resort – Summer Preview
- Fernie Timber Express Opens For Summer
- Early Opening for Fernie Alpine Resort
- FAR Gets Set for Summer 08
- Fernie has New Trails, New Stunts & More Rides
- Heiko’s new Fernie Mtn trail
- Fernie Alpine Resort’s Lost Boys Café
- Fernie builds Aerial Playground and ZipLine