Fernie is opening early for the winter ski season. The opening is scheduled for November 26 and 27th weekend and then for 7 days a week operation beginning on December 2nd. Expect early season conditions and the Elk, Deer and Boon Chairs to be operating.
The early opening is a great way to celebrate Fernie Snow Valley’s 50th anniversary. “This is the season of celebration, a tribute to all who have helped make Fernie a special place to ski for the last 50 years” said “Powder Matt” Mosteller. “With recent huge snowstorms and La Niña forecasted to return this winter, this is the winter to ski Fernie. Last season Fernie received 37 feet of snowfall, making it the undisputed leader of snow in the Canadian Rockies and tops in snow in Canada.”
More on the history of Skiing in Fernie.
- Yeah, Chile! Portillo Opens Early
- Fernie Opens One Week Early!!
- Cherry Pow Pow Fernie Opens Nov 28th
- Early Season Snow from Fernie to Colorado
- Fernie Early Bird Pass Sale On
- Fernie Ski Hill Updates
- Coronet Peak Opens. No, it doesn’t. Yes, it does
- Taos Opens to Snowboards Today
- Fernie Ranked High on Snow
- Fernie Timber Express Opens For Summer