The Dummy Downhill has always been tied to Griz Days however it could fly on its on. And in reality most of the dummy’s do fly, however not all.
The concept is to build a dummy under 70lbs that has no living cells attached. The dummy’s race down a short course and launch off a big kicker. Biggest air is the winner. Some succeed and end up in a pile at the bottom, others litter the side of the course with technical failure but could still win a prize for artistic merit.
Every year someone adds a twist either in costume or technology. This year the tech surprise was when of the dummy’s launched a plane! The air was great, attendance was strong, the kids laughed and everybody had fun. Here are some pics, click to see a larger image.
- Brydon 2nd In National Downhill
- Brydon Finishes 5th In Downhill
- 5th Annual Trashy Flashy Fashion Show
- Osborne_Paradis 3rd In Downhill
- Revelstoke: A Resort Going Downhill
- John Kucera Downhill World Champion
- Three Canadians Set For Legendary Downhill
- Vanderbeek Fastest In Downhill Training
- Fernie.com Vacation Winner
- Fernie Griz Days Festival