Some high profile members of the Canadian National Freestyle Ski Team have decided that this post-Olympic year is the perfect time to help groom the next generation of mogul champions.
Aiming to capitalize on the excitement generated for freestyle skiing by the Canadian team’s stellar showing at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games, Olympic champion Alex Bilodeau along with teammates Vincent Marquis, Kristi Richards and Chelsea Henitiuk will join myriad other professional mogul and freeride coaches on the Blackcomb Glacier this summer for Momentum Camps.
Bilodeau said he is ready to give back to the sport from the place he started. “I went to Momentum Camps when I was a kid and got really inspired learning from some of the best skiers in the world. Now it’s my turn to help some kids.” Likewise Richards, who inspired a nation with her gutsy return from a heart-breaking fall in her final run at the Vancouver Games, said she too is ready to teach young skiers how to go for their dreams.
Momentum Camp Director John Smart is thrilled to have such a high-profile roster of coaches for his popular summer camp.
- Kristi Richards plans for the future
- Kristi Richards Wins Gold
- Richards and Heil Podium
- Heil & Bilodeau Crowned Champions
- Fourth Gold Seals Title for Bilodeau
- World Champ Richards takes silver medal in Sweden
- Bilodeau Wins Third Gold in 3 Starts!
- Heil On Top, Richards Leader
- Jenn Heil Wins Freestyle Grand Slam
- Three medals for Canada at mogul season-opener